Are three way link exchanges dangerous?

Degree
So I had this Genius idea of a three-way link exchange… I patted myself on the back in a moment of glory and genius level thinking… Only to find out that this tactic is so old and has been done before since the beginning of the internet and that this is nothing new.

My question is if I had 10 or 20 websites I that send random webmasters links in return to my one authority website… does google notice this and penalize or ignore the links to my authority website? Perhaps theres a limit to scoot by with this?

This is very normal and pretty much a staple as far as I'm concerned.

I suppose you could fairly easily calculate a chance that something was a 3 way link exchange if you already link between your own sites, but would it be worth it to spend those resources? I don't think so and I think 3-way exchanges are some of the best and easiest links out there.

Even better if you make it relevant content and promote it on yours and theirs social media.

This is a great way to handle things. Just don't connect your "Link From" sites to your "Link To" site (by linking or hosting) if you want to make it nearly impossible for Google to sort it out with enough confidence to actually take action on it.

Well I suppose I could always disavow those links if anything were ever to occur and I was skeptical. My plan was to grab a domain from ODYS via builders link in the forum as the 'link from' site. I'll report back on my results if it turns out well

This is a great way to handle things. Just don't connect your "Link From" sites to your "Link To" site (by linking or hosting) if you want to make it nearly impossible for Google to sort it out with enough confidence to actually take action on it.
Do you think its safe to have a PBN that doesn't link to your money site at all and has a different theme, different plugin, font, style, hosting, SOA, etc... all while performing a three way link exchange with about three or four other webmasters you trade with? Then sell perhaps 10 or so links with a small amount of content from text broker to break even on the purchased PBN domain.

or am I just getting too weird with all of this? I feel like rather than getting one link out of the pbn which points to the money site. I can get 3-4 or more safely by utilizing a three way link exchange and never link to my own money site directly. This is assuming the websites exchanging links are credible, of course.

Deep in the SEO jungle we watch a tribe of SEOs make fire for the first time, they recently discovered exact anchors can be above 18% of their page profile without gaining a penalty.

Their previous SEO blogging gurus gods they followed were lying to them. Some are in dismay, but others are curious what else is a lie.

As we continue watching from a distance, we find ourselves looking at our younger versus/caveman brethren. We see our own past reflected in their thought patterns. Soon the natives will discover "Link Wheels"... and their journey will be almost complete.

Do you think its safe to have a PBN that doesn't link to your money site at all and has a different theme, different plugin, font, style, hosting, SOA, etc... all while performing a three way link exchange with about three or four other webmasters you trade with? Then sell perhaps 10 or so links with a small amount of content from text broker to break even on the purchased PBN domain.

or am I just getting too weird with all of this? I feel like rather than getting one link out of the pbn which points to the money site. I can get 3-4 or more safely by utilizing a three way link exchange and never link to my own money site directly. This is assuming the websites exchanging links are credible, of course.

You can do all that crap for four links and have to maintain it, keep paying hosting and registration, etc. If you manage to turn it into way more than 4 links it might be worth the effort.

But I’ve run 100+ domain PBNs. If you sell links to people you can’t 100% trust not to ruin it, they’ll ruin it. They’ll buy links from other PBNs and get you caught up in their idiocy and you’ll lose it all and then have to answer to the legit guys you were trading with.

I stand by my assertion that it’s much easier, safer, faster, and cheaper to think of the entire internet as your PBN. Instead of trading, just make great content and do great marketing. And there’s a ton of ways to build links instead of attracting them too.

PBNs aren’t worth it to me until you have a giant one and even then if you can’t get the ROI from boosting your own site without selling links, then you shouldn’t do it. Otherwise you’re you’re setting yourself up to waste a lot of time you won’t get back.

You can do all that crap for four links and have to maintain it, keep paying hosting and registration, etc. If you manage to turn it into way more than 4 links it might be worth the effort.

But I’ve run 100+ domain PBNs. If you sell links to people you can’t 100% trust not to ruin it, they’ll ruin it. They’ll buy links from other PBNs and get you caught up in their idiocy and you’ll lose it all and then have to answer to the legit guys you were trading with.

I stand by my assertion that it’s much easier, safer, faster, and cheaper to think of the entire internet as your PBN. Instead of trading, just make great content and do great marketing. And there’s a ton of ways to build links instead of attracting them too.

PBNs aren’t worth it to me until you have a giant one and even then if you can’t get the ROI from boosting your own site without selling links, then you shouldn’t do it. Otherwise you’re you’re setting yourself up to waste a lot of time you won’t get back.
Well this is incredibly insightful, i can get probaly 30+ links via 3 way exchange, but i feel like google would notice every link the pbn links to, ends up linking to my site. Thats why 3-4 was my hypothesised safe zone.

it seems using pbns is only useful regarding ROI when you have multiple money sites to link to. I only have one

Since im obsessed with this for a reason beyond my own understanding, I’m going to gather 10 or so expired domains for an average cost of $400… and on each domain I’ll be trading 4-6 three way link exchanges from credible sites. All dr above 30/40. Average cost is under $80/link. (No selling links)

The goal is to push ‘link bait’ type pages up to slot #1, so I can gain natural links from there and only mantain 10 sites at $360/yr.

The how: pop on a different laptop with vpn, use protonmail for all email address, use launch cdn, grab the domains, trade 3 way links, add a few pieces of $5 content from text broker…

please feel free to poke holes in this theory. I (believe) my only challenge is actually negotiating the 3 way link exchanges (which I have a hypothesized easy route to take on it) I will continue with haro… shotgun skyscraper, manual outreach in the meantime.

keep in mind: im a dr 13 website… bringing in 200k sessions a month, zero link building. Tons of posts on page 2 that only appear to budge when i get a natural link… looking to expedite the process

please make fun of me in some way for kicks and giggles. @CCarter response had me laughing for a good few minutes just now

Last edited:
Back