Are Link Building Tools Legit?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
The more I dig for info the more I see things like scrapebox and GSA SER pop up.

Are these tools actually legit?

Depends what you mean by legit.

Do they do what they say they will? Some do, some don't...

Are they legitimate in terms of doing "legitimate" seo work, white hat (whatever that means?) Nope..

I use both Scrapebox and GSA. Both of them are legit and good tools.

Depends what you mean by legit.

Do they do what they say they will? Some do, some don't...

Are they legitimate in terms of doing "legitimate" seo work, white hat (whatever that means?) Nope..
Id say by legit I mean do what they say they will, and be able to incorporate them in some way.

The thing is, I was thinking if people are using software like this and it works. Then how the fuck am I going to compete with that? I cant

The ads are created to convince you they will get you to #1, they aren't as easy as they seem to be. You'll have to put in alot of work that you never intended to do. It's not automated it's semi-automated. Just really gets rid of the boring repetitive parts for you and does it slightly quicker.

Thanks for the replies, srs love this forum

These tools are legit and are useful tools. Anywho, any linkbuilding activity you do is against the TOS.
Actually, gsa links are not very good, so you can compete with them with ample effort.

so you'd say tiered link building is still going forward in 2015?

Who stated that it ever stopped working? Grayhat spamming works, Whitehat works, and blackhat works. But you have to approach each project with an end goal in mind, and know how to use the tools at hand. If you grayhat spam your whitehat properties, know eventually it will tank...

I suggest using grayhat SEO on grayhat sites for quick short term money, and investing in long term properties with whitehat methods. Blackhat SEO- hacked sites, SQLi, and other stuff, you may want to not risk it.

Everything has risks, even whitehat - everything is objective, but it's the amount of risk you are willing to take that gets you to your end goal. Even if you are pure whitehat, there is nothing stopping someone from coming along and changing your site's categorization (relevancy) in Google's algo through negative SEO and bam - your site is toast (And you don't need 500K backlinks to do that, even less then a 1000 will change it, if the negative SEOer knows what they are doing). The digital realm is exactly like the wild west at the moment - no law.

Who stated that it ever stopped working? Grayhat spamming works, Whitehat works, and blackhat works. But you have to approach each project with an end goal in mind, and know how to use the tools at hand. If you grayhat spam your whitehat properties, know eventually it will tank...

I suggest using grayhat SEO on grayhat sites for quick short term money, and investing in long term properties with whitehat methods. Blackhat SEO- hacked sites, SQLi, and other stuff, you may want to not risk it.

Everything has risks, even whitehat - everything is objective, but it's the amount of risk you are willing to take that gets you to your end goal. Even if you are pure whitehat, there is nothing stopping someone from coming along and changing your site's categorization (relevancy) in Google's algo through negative SEO and bam - your site is toast (And you don't need 500K backlinks to do that, even less then a 1000 will change it, if the negative SEOer knows what they are doing). The digital realm is exactly like the wild west at the moment - no law.
Thanks for the post bro. Cleared up a few things. I kinda got myself into this place where im confused on what works and what doesnt.

Maybe i should just jump in and experiment. Say i get knocked by google right, can you recover from that? Or do you move onto a new site?

Thanks for the post bro. Cleared up a few things. I kinda got myself into this place where im confused on what works and what doesnt.

Maybe i should just jump in and experiment. Say i get knocked by google right, can you recover from that? Or do you move onto a new site?
Doing anything yourself will yield better results and increase your understanding of whats what. But, before burning and money, make sure you have an income source so you have atleast something to rely on.
I usually move on to a new site after getting hit by google.

Doing anything yourself will yield better results and increase your understanding of whats what. But, before burning and money, make sure you have an income source so you have atleast something to rely on.
I usually move on to a new site after getting hit by google.
Im in college right now so income is not too much to worry about. I have licorne aio that i got from a friend. Il watch a few yt tutorials then say fuckit, jump right in and see what happens.

Ive got a domain i can experiment with. Dont want to fuk up my main brand(built to dominate)

That's the spirit! In my little time of marketing i've learnt nothing beats testing. People say you need 500 words of unique content and I just copy paste random 200 word content send some backlinks and viola, but it won't last but hey, it goes against all they've said, the so called 'gurus' that is. Goodluck!

Ive got a domain i can experiment with. Dont want to fuk up my main brand(built to dominate)

Yes, always test on a burner domain. Once you can confirm safety, port it over to main brands, but even then expect anything shady to eventually get caught up in a future update. The more you care about your main brands, the more you should take care.

So would this tiered link technique generally be considered a penalty waiting to happen?:

Tier 1 - High quality, manually made websites/web2.0s
Tier 2 - scrapebox high pr comments, automated web 2.0s and heavily spun content
Tier 3 - GSA linking fully automated

So would this tiered link technique generally be considered a penalty waiting to happen?:

Tier 1 - High quality, manually made websites/web2.0s
Tier 2 - scrapebox high pr comments, automated web 2.0s and heavily spun content
Tier 3 - GSA linking fully automated

Not necessarily.

Just keep your anchor text in line and test it out. I wouldn't use SB for link building. You can do all the work with a solid SER configuration and quality contextual blast. You probably don't even need T3, just run your T2 links through and indexer or two.

Add some PBNs as your T1. I generally don't build T2 for my PBNs (never got any particular boost from tiering them)

If you want to be careful use a buffer site(s) as a filter for SAPE, if not - blast it directly to the page you're trying to rank. Tier it up with some spam and you're set :smile:

Try blasting an inner page with hq contextual spam ( @RadiantDarkness ) and see what happens.

Those are some general and basic strategies you should test out and adjust to your own needs.

Not necessarily.

Just keep your anchor text in line and test it out. I wouldn't use SB for link building. You can do all the work with a solid SER configuration and quality contextual blast. You probably don't even need T3, just run your T2 links through and indexer or two.

Add some PBNs as your T1. I generally don't build T2 for my PBNs (never got any particular boost from tiering them)

If you want to be careful use a buffer site(s) as a filter for SAPE, if not - blast it directly to the page you're trying to rank. Tier it up with some spam and you're set :smile:

Try blasting an inner page with hq contextual spam ( @RadiantDarkness ) and see what happens.

Those are some general and basic strategies you should test out and adjust to your own needs.

Lets say I blast an inner page and get penalized. If i delete the page will my overall site still be affected?

Before you blast an inner page make sure that your homepage is strong enough/high authority. I've tested this on 8 different projects and only got in trouble once. That was a pretty basic site with only couple of web2s, social profiles, 5 pbn posts and a new loaded 301 pointing to the homepage.

HP was seriously lacking authority but I decided to test it out by dripping 5k contextual spam + social signals (to that specific inner page) and everything was working ok (#22->#9) for a month when I got slapped and moved back to oblivion.

However, that 'penalty' only applied to that specific page and the rest of my website was doing the same as before. This was a test site so I decided to play around and 301d that inner page to a burner domain and forgot about it (ofc, I made sure to isolate that page and remove any links pointing to it etc.). After that, I started working on building more authority for my HP and as of today it's ranking #2-3 for its main term(s).

So to answer your question - I can't say with 100% since I haven't actually deleted that page. If I had to guess, I'd say that you should be OK if you delete it and then work on increasing HP authority, but you really need to test it out yourself.

Before you blast an inner page make sure that your homepage is strong enough/high authority. I've tested this on 8 different projects and only got in trouble once. That was a pretty basic site with only couple of web2s, social profiles, 5 pbn posts and a new loaded 301 pointing to the homepage.

HP was seriously lacking authority but I decided to test it out by dripping 5k contextual spam + social signals (to that specific inner page) and everything was working ok (#22->#9) for a month when I got slapped and moved back to oblivion.

However, that 'penalty' only applied to that specific page and the rest of my website was doing the same as before. This was a test site so I decided to play around and 301d that inner page to a burner domain and forgot about it (ofc, I made sure to isolate that page and remove any links pointing to it etc.). After that, I started working on building more authority for my HP and as of today it's ranking #2-3 for its main term(s).

So to answer your question - I can't say with 100% since I haven't actually deleted that page. If I had to guess, I'd say that you should be OK if you delete it and then work on increasing HP authority, but you really need to test it out yourself.

You brought up a few great points and have got my imagination working pretty well. I got a few ideas I'm going to test out today.

Update:
Hopefully i can get another like and post a case study thread but this will have to do for now.

Ive created 200 web 2.0 accs with custom domain extensions. Now over the next week I will hand build them all. I think the effort will pay off

Update:
Hopefully i can get another like and post a case study thread but this will have to do for now.

Ive created 200 web 2.0 accs with custom domain extensions. Now over the next week I will hand build them all. I think the effort will pay off

Do you think there's a chance Google will treat it as suspicious as they are all web 2.0s? That's a worry I've had.

Back