Anyone Using Bloom Opt-In Plugin?

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
http://www.elegantthemes.com/plugins/bloom/

Wrapping up dev on my next project and one of the biggest things I need for the project is a strong email capture method across desktop and mobile. (mobile focused)

This plugin has way too many features to be light weight...
The thing is there are some tools included that make me seriously consider it: i.e. a/b testing, and control over where the popups show on the site. It seems like a good wordpress opt-in plugin would be a better idea vs building myself.

I really like the fly-in as it doesn't fully interrupt browsing and I expect my visitors to be in browse mode. They even do a cool version on their homepage where the fly in persists even if you close it. I'd like someone to have the option to dismiss the popup to browse but be able to pull it back up to subscribe after my content wins them over. You can see that version on their homepage:

http://www.elegantthemes.com/

Anyone used this plugin, and know how it effects site speed?

Everything Elegant Themes pumps out is horrendous when it comes to speed optimization. They don't care about it at all. They are more concerned about providing every possible option, which is great for most customers.

That's not to say you can't use it and optimize it's impact on the front-end.

You can use it, do all the a/b testing and figure out what your best positioning and text and color scheme is, and then just get rid of it and recreate it statically.

I've used it before and I hated it because there was no short code option so it would love above the ads in my article and screw everything up

I'd take a look at optinmonster although I have never compared option options re: speed, I monitor my page load with RUM on pingdom and didn't notice a spike in page load when I integrated.

Have had a good experience with their system and integration. Lots of options for triggers like mouse movement up the page exit pop, time delay and also like their a/b testing, and esp integration. Then I use my ESP to control autoresponders, rss campaigns, etc. Its paid so hopefully the cost is justified and earns a return for you

I'd take a look at optinmonster although I have never compared option options re: speed, I monitor my page load with RUM on pingdom and didn't notice a spike in page load when I integrated.

Have had a good experience with their system and integration. Lots of options for triggers like mouse movement up the page exit pop, time delay and also like their a/b testing, and esp integration. Then I use my ESP to control autoresponders, rss campaigns, etc. Its paid so hopefully the cost is justified and earns a return for you

They were the other I was looking at. Looks like everything you need with useful features rather than just fluff.
About twice the price, but Ill invest as I am using it on longterm projects.
Thanks!

Back