Anyone tried the new Google Analytics?

Degree
I am making a new site and it seems the only option is to setup the new version of GA https://blog.google/products/marketingplatform/analytics/new_google_analytics/

It seems very hard to use, or maybe I'm just too simple, but all I want is the realtime interface from the old version and the audience report, and the ability to easily drill down when clicking on things like referral traffic.

I've seriously looked under every tab and tried every search, but can't find them.

Is anyone else suffering?

Yeah I had trouble trying to figure out everything. I was so used to the old interface. I downloaded the mobile app and it’s a bit simpler

Does anyone know if switching to the new version means losing all the historical data associated with the project? If so, I'm sure we can switch over to the old project and still see the data, but not having it all in one overview sucks.

Hi, switching to a new version shouldn't cause any data loss. But I haven't tried it myself, so don't take it for granted.

@Darth If you still want to have the old interface when you create a new GA for a new website, there is an option for that. When you are creating a new property, click on 'Show advanced options':
6yrNXoR.png

And then select the options you want to.

sRq3s5U.png

Universal Analytics is a classic one. Hope it helps.

I switched one site over and it now has a separate properties for each the old and new version. Unfortunately you can't see the data for both in a single place (no obvious way atleast). The new version does seem like its better setup for tracking engagement by default. I thought it was harder to figure out as well.

Back