Anyone have experience setting up an affiliate program?

vinnypolston

Boot Camp
Degree
Hey guys!

Sales have been steady on my plugin that I developed. At this point all of the sales have been from sales threads on WF & BHU. It's great. But I'd love to sell more!

What I would really like to accomplish is setting up an affiliate program. Have others market it and we all make some money.

Right now I'm looking at e-junkie; having Paypal handle the payments. Just looking to see if any of you have experience in this? Positives / negatives / suggestions / concerns.

Thanks in advance for the help! Let's make this discussion something that everyone can learn from!

I have some experience from when I was setting this up at 2 prior start-ups I was a part of. I am also looking to set one of these up on a current project, although it wont be with a network this time.

The biggest thing you need to worry about is fraud. This can be labeled in many ways and ranges.

Some of the biggest ones:

• Bidding on your brand name. You built the brand, why should others piggyback and steal that?
  • Members signing up only to purchase for themselves ( to get a discount ).
  • Signups that chargeback or request a refund right before or slightly after affiliate payouts
  • Stolen credit cards ( it happens, even on a digital good )
  • Paypal freezing your account for too many refunds/chargebacks or too much volume in X time
  • People figuring out your DL URL or page to get the product for free. Sharing it once bought.

I used e-junkie for some smaller things. For serious business, consider investing in PAP.

BTW I still have a license of PAP which i don't use, could sell it for a half price, but need to check how much the license renewal costs.

This is something I am interested in not affiliates via clickbank but those thet either through their own SEO kung fu or PPC can deliver up leads. Targeting UK - looked at guys like affiliate window etc but they seem to want up fronts and spend commitments without showing what their affilaites can deliver. It is something that has always put me off going down this route. Anyone recruited affiiliates / managed their own campaigns and team or worked witth an affiliate company that brought leads on an enquiry =$ model?

Back