Anyone ever had a domain takedown notice / or seized?

Degree
Just read an article about FlipkartVsAmazon.com getting a takedown notice from Flipkart (Not from Amazon, I guess Flipkart didn't like the comparison?)

Has anyone here dealt with having a domain with a trademark in it taken down? I remember hearing something from the Empire Flippers guys - prob on their podcast (@Joe Magnotti and @Justin Cooke here on BuSo) where only a small % of their niche sites with trademarks ever got in trouble.

I have the .net for a big brand that doesn't have much of a presence online but gets really decent search volume, I was thinking of spending a couple days to develop it. It sound like the most likely outcome would be nothing, then 2nd place is them taking it down / seizing it, and a distant third could be an actual lawsuit.

Is this .net just a side project? If you can push it out in a day or two as an experiment it might be worth it but don't let that take your focus away from your main projects. You said you were looking to start something new and big soon in another thread... is this just a form of procrastination?

Back