Anybody using LOOM here?

LinkPlate

Head Chef @ Linkplate
BuSo Pro
Degree
Not sure if this thread belongs here but made sense, since its video related.

If you run a business - you are probably writing essays/long emails and text to explain and communicate with your team. Other than the usual video calls to catch up - I was previously using unlisted youtube videos to share tasks with team members. It was easier/faster than writing up text/emails. Especially when you get tasks that can't be setup using templates such as creative requests, web design, dev modifications, functionality issues, etc..

Recently, I came across loom.com. It not a new platform, but found it easier to use than creating videos -> uploading to youtube unlisted and then sharing them.

What are your thoughts on loom or other video comm tools?

Yep, I use it daily to give instructions to my peeps when I'm in a rush

I find it particularly useful when giving feedback on visual content, or quickly running someone through a process - eg how to use a tool to find X.

However, if I'm doing a video for an SOP that will be referenced later in the future by different people, I don't use loom. I usually screen record it (I use camtasia) and upload it to an SOP folder.

Looms free subscription limits how many videos you can save, and how long you can record for. But for short on off instructions its my go-to

I use the free version of Soapbox by Wistia and highly recommend it. Loom is also a great tool.

I find I get very good responses to outreach emails when I embed the thumbnail of the video in my emails. It takes a little longer to put together a video, but it's still only a few minutes and the success rate is much higher.

We're all so used to remaining anonymous online, it adds a human touch being able to see your face. I think people are also taken aback to see a video thumbnail of a person + their website in the background.

Using it almost daily to show instructions for va's, been using it for around a year or so and like it a lot.

Loom is amazing, i use it for instructions for my writers and team members

Back