Anybody using Apps for your WP site sucessfully

Degree
I mean using your App as a content distribution tool, like using a newsletter. Not an App for the sake of having an App.

I think app downloads are better than opt ins for magazine style websites/blogs. Because you can push content, push more content, Content summary etc. Some of the news apps are doing it and if you content is viral, this would be a great way to get more eyeballs.

My question is what are you using for the app.

Or rather what is the best way to create an app for a website. There are a bunch of services that charges annually or monthly for wordpress to app conversions. Which is the best one now, or you would rather have an app built from scratch, in which case how about the constant updates, both due to mobile OS and Wordpress upgrades .

I assume, the conversion must be pretty standard, since the base is going the be the same. Not sure about the plugins. So, even if I use a conversion service, it would be best to get the design done professionally.

Please share your best practices,

I think app downloads are better than opt ins for magazine style websites/blogs.

Assuming will not get you far in this industry but testing will. With an newletter (email) you have direct commmunication with your audience, no filter. With an app you place Apple or Google Play store filter in between you and your audience. But again always test never assume it is one way or another. Just because one person says something doesn't mean it's true for YOUR scenario. You might get crazy results with an App that you can't achieve with email or vice-a-versa because you are better at the one versus the other.

I had the same issue and ended up getting a custom made app built. The ones that auto convert content from WP to apps weren't displaying my content how I wanted and the custom app wasn't too expensive (and I can update it).

Back