Any Toys You're Wanting?

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I'm sure we're all different when it comes to treating ourselves to things. If I want something, I'll wait and wait and wait to make sure it's the right purchase, especially back when money was tight. I remember saving for several years to buy these expensive speakers. I learned early that if I buy a cheaper version of something, I regret it and eventually end up upgrading or replacing it because it broke. So now I just wait and spring for the best version.

There's not a lot I want. My toy collection is pretty much complete, minus a few items.

Over the holidays I picked up a few toys, a couple out of necessity:

LaNuevaMacPro.png

Mac Pro - I waited for 2 years for them to push an upgrade and there's no signs of it even in 2016, so I went ahead. I was working on a 2006 Mac Pro I had upgraded and it was hanging in there but they End-of-Life'd it years ago, so I was forced to upgrade finally.

hl-hero-2.jpg

Racked Raid - My journey through computer nerdom has gone through movies and music as well as internet marketing. I've got a ton of data to keep safe and I keep backups of all my business data as well. The old mac pro had four drives inside of it's tower, which I set up as a raid, but this new Mac Pro has no such thing, so I bought this four drive raid for my rack. I've got three as a RAID 0, completely mirroring each other, and one acting as a time-machine style backup so in case a file becomes corrupted, and then the system drive is an SSD. So happy with this set up.

adm-sub8_1.jpg

Subwoofer - I'm going to pick up a sub-woofer to go with my insane music studio set up eventually. My research from years ago led me to the Adam Sub8 (I like the company) but when I'm ready to buy I'll take another look and see what new options are out. The reason I haven't scored a sub yet is because I've been doing condominium and apartment living for the past... 10 years+. Moving on average every year and a half or so.

My main next purchase will be a new car and a house. The house will allow me to blast a subwoofer without disrupting neighbors who share walls with me. I could do it now like many do, but I like to delay gratification and create rewards for achievements. For instance, I could have upgraded my computer a long time ago but I waited till I flipped that set of sites I had the case study for in the Lab. Reward scheduling for the win.

h48mmwzfy1mbdm6xop89.jpg

Nissan 370z - I'm way overdue for a new car. I promised myself since early college that I'd take care of the one I had and ride it till it couldn't any more. I recently had a ton of repairs done that almost equaled the price of the car. So next time anything major happens, it's totaled and not worth repairing. So hopefully I'll be ready by then to score a 370z, and if I do well enough I'll get the Nismo stuff. I'm not a big car guy, and I drive like an old man, so I choose based on what I like visually. This is one of the few cars that I've seen that's made me think "man, I want that." And so shall it be.

What are you guys itching for and planning to purchase eventually?

We've had the same whip (original owners) since 2000. It's b.e.a.t. This is what I'm looking at:

vehicle.png

Other than that, we buy experiences. Travel. Have several trips already on the calendar.

We've had the same whip (original owners) since 2000

Yeah, mine's a 1999.

I agree about buying experiences. That's also on my mind. I've got about four trips I'd like to take, but they aren't high priority for me. There will come a time where I feel like I can spend the time away.

This...

electric-coffee-grinder.jpg

I need it for my 1 time a year coffee selection that you can't get any more of when it sells out...

In Guatemala’s Antigua Valley, the volcanic soil creates this elegant, complex single-origin coffee.
Casi Cielo, Spanish for “almost heaven,” comes from the lush Antigua region of Guatemala—a coffee-growing paradise. This fertile valley, surrounded by volcanoes, provides exceptional conditions for showcasing subtle floral aromas, an alluring brightness and a smooth cocoa finish. Our exquisite single-origin coffee is a celebration of everything we love about Antigua.

It's very hard to find in stores locally now, but seems I can still order more bags here:
http://store.starbucks.com/guatemala-casi-cielo-whole-bean-000185762.html

To be a bit more serious, although I was serious about the grinder and possibly a press too, I have grown past the toys stage.

I never did go "big time" on toys. I bought a house, 2 cars, 2 boats and that pretty much summed up my toys other than little things like an Xbox, PS, big tvs, a big grill, commercial lawn equipment, etc. Now that my kids are getting older I am looking to travel more and do experiences.

I think if I were to make a dreamboard at this point, it would look much much different than everyone else's. I am just too odd and weird when it comes to others in this game. Here are some pics of shit on my list as motivation or toy in nature ( as close as I can relate to it )

Restored 65 Chrysler New Yorker ( because its just bad ass )
65NYer_dsfrt1.jpg

A Piper Cherokee Arrow ( once I finish my cert )
N5138L_LFQ_(IMG_0125_1_4).jpg

Moving to the beach... or at least nomading there for 9 months of the year, every year going forward:
island-life-in-the-philippines.jpg

Hard to find, pristine, 357 Magnum Colt Python to add to my collection ( rare ):
4f0de0b3a4d807fc3cac6a0f0be03238.jpg

While I am at it with the Colt, also adding a Finnish M39 Mosin to my collection ( hard to find in good shape that is numbers matching ):
42673.jpg

Lastly, Id like to redo my deck/backyard this year to look more like this ( pool, bar, grill, sink, hot tub )
pool2.jpg

@built I'm with you on that one mate, I'm currently paying $320 a week to essentially live in a shoebox near the city (Melbourne, which has one of the dearest real estate in the world).

My long-term goal would be to purchase a home relatively close to the city and get one of each of the below:
3a8f3f0c3314e0c1a69c48b528b8ec45.jpg

Bernese-Mountain-Dog-2.jpg

Once I secure a house, I want this:

vanquish---overview---3.jpg

Looking at all these things has given me some great monday morning motivation lol

Damn those Mac Pro's are just the coolest looking computers!

I've been working on my own in an office I rent for 14 years and this year am hoping to convert the garage at home to put an office above it so I can not only avoid the shit car travel to and from work, but also save a boat load of money. I hardly ever see clients in the flesh so there's no point having an office when I can work from a dedicated space at home. Can then see my wife and dogs a bit more too.

steam-punk-hobbit-stove-1-800x600.jpg

Just remodeled my office and want one of these babies to put in my now empty fireplace, Steampunk Hobbit stove with stand

Technics is re-releasing the classic 1200 turntable this summer. The old turntables are still to this day the gold standard and these re-released versions will be that much better. They are $4,000 a pop.
http://www.technics.com/global/introduction/hifi-direct-drive-turntable-system-sl-1200gae/

base-3-L.png

My fiance and I have been apartment living for the first time in our lives for the past ~1.5 yrs. Want to improve our living situation, move back into a house.

Every dollar I make is being saved for:
  1. A house
  2. An engagement ring
Other than that, I normally just like to spend my money on doing things. I'm probably going to check out Montreal this June. I'd also like to make it to Italy one of these days.

If I had to buy an object....

2018-Jeep-Grand-Wagoneer-Picture-1024x683.jpg

2018 Grand Wagoneer Reissue.

From the big things I want to buy and renovate a flat and to buy a nice car. (Nothing too fancy).

But what I really want is a wardrobe full with custom made 3 piece suits, coats and shoes. Because I'm a classy motherfucker. (don't mind the butterflies on the sides)

900x0_p19a1h7e8r1uo210m11bktjft1eb15.jpg

From the experiences I really want to travel around the world.

Every dollar I make is being saved for:
  1. A house
  2. An engagement ring
Other than that, I normally just like to spend my money on doing things. I'm probably going to check out Montreal this June. I'd also like to make it to Italy one of these days.

If I had to buy an object....

2018-Jeep-Grand-Wagoneer-Picture-1024x683.jpg

2018 Grand Wagoneer Reissue.

Thats bad ass and I didnt know they were redoing it.

I talked to my wife about a year ago to buy one like this.. the 1984 version...

jeep-wagoneer-1984-11.jpg

Thats bad ass and I didnt know they were redoing it.

I talked to my wife about a year ago to buy one like this.. the 1984 version...

jeep-wagoneer-1984-11.jpg

The original ones like that are still selling for more than a new car today. Good condition grand wagooners go for $40k-$70k. I guess that it makes sense for them to do a reissue now. Can't wait.

I literally picked up an actual toy this weekend in the Wii U. I used to be big into gaming growing up (NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, PS3...) then lost interest for a long time aside from the occasional PC game.

I've been having a blast playing the new Mario Kart. I think I lost interest in gaming when I was mostly playing really "serious" games, dark, gritty, deep storylines etc... but I was missing that element of raw FUN that Nintendo has just mastered. Not to mention the nostalgia.

I don't watch TV at home, so this has been a great way to unwind and have some down time.

tumblr_inline_n6lzmc5Otm1riybhg.gif

• A transferable MP5 with a full pushpin lower. Machineguns are where it's at.
  • Custom tuned Bilsteins from FCM. Tuned suspension is godly.
  • A Porsche 964 C2 built to extremely rare 3.8RS specs. Baller Status: Not there yet
  • A decommissioned Titan 1 missile silo to live in. COMMAND CENTER OF DOOM!
@eliquid nice list! Excellent taste in firearms. :cool:

Back