Any Tests on Additional Image Information?

Do you upload everything you possibly can into each image or do the minimum effort?

• Anything I can edit, I will

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just do Alt's and Titles

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EsR

Degree
You can add a ton of data to an image through photoshop, but all I usually do is update Alt and Titles of the images. Has anyone seen positive results in search that would warrant spending the time to write all the extra data into each image before uploading to the site? Right now it seems like there are more important things to tackle, so I haven't tested it yet.

Any thoughts?

I only deal with file names and alt attributes.

The reason is, there's a lot you can do that will have negligible effect for you in the big picture but can easily paint a target on your back in terms of over-optimization. Like... if I wanted Google to know without a shadow of a doubt that I'm an SEO, I would use meta keywords. Same goes with some of the EXIF data and things you're talking about.

I just avoid it based on that risk versus the time it takes and the value I'd get out of it.

I've definitely tried it with PDF's and stuff like that. It works like gangbusters there. It might work on images that way right now too. I made my decision a long time ago and never tested again.

Mainly just alts, titles and occasional descriptions. I never really thought about the extra stuff you can add using Photoshop because I figured it was more for those that are worried about their images being stolen.
I just avoid it based on that risk versus the time it takes and the value I'd get out of it.
I completely agree with @Ryuzaki on this one. For the amount of time and effort it takes to fill out that extra information, you could have posted more content and images with relevant alt tags.

Back