Any recommendations on what to watch on Netflix?

The new Stephen King story on Netflix was great: In The Tall Grass

10/10 if you like weird horror stuff. It largely takes place in one type of scenery, and it's the intrigue and character development and acting that keep you tied in. Fun ride.

What did you think of El Camino? I was left feeling a bit disappointed tbh, especially the ending which was a bit too easy. I was expecting more.

• El Sapo
  • Godfather Of Harlem (Rick Ross ,Swizz beatz, DMX made the soundtrack)

Another one I watched last night was Fractured.

It wasn't incredibly unique and you'll be like "I've seen this template before" but it was well done. Acting, directing, misdirection, all that was on point. It's a suspense movie, but if you're into horror you'll dig it too, it's up that alley. I hate these kind of movies because they're effective at making me feel a lot of tension. It's a love/hate relationship. This one was great.

El Camino felt a bit like they were just tying up loose ends. I enjoyed it but nothing special.

I'm about to leave the house to see Joker on the big screen. I don't believe the hype and think that most movies made after circa 2000 are pretty crap.

I'll drop this here, saw it recently.
If you haven't seen it, put it on your list.

I have taken to watching Youtube game playalongs or whatever they're called. I like this guy called Christoper Odd, cause he is very good and can play through difficult games like Alien Isolation or Bloodbourne in a timely manner. Both games to me are so atmospheric that they rival the best films, without you actually having to play them.

I have taken to watching Youtube game playalongs or whatever they're called. I like this guy called Christoper Odd, cause he is very good and can play through difficult games like Alien Isolation or Bloodbourne in a timely manner. Both games to me are so atmospheric that they rival the best films, without you actually having to play them.

I actually watched part 1 of 7 of "The Last of Us Cinematic Playthrough" last night. Some dude played through the game a dozen times across 100+ hours and then edited in the best camera shots and all that, went straight for the goals and whatever instead of wasting time exploring. It was definitely like watching a movie, especially since that game seems to be 90% cut scenes. It was good enough that I'm going to watch all of it (I knew/know nothing about the game, so it's all brand new to me).

I liked el comino, im still too chicken shit to watch that in the tall grass one yet, looks freaky from the preview, im def not watching that bitch at night lol.

new season of peaky blinders is on, checking that out now. (ssn5)

on the youtube gamer vids, check out theRadbrad, or TheRadChad channel, i cant remember the name, but the dude is funny af and you get to see the storyline of the game, he does a good job with making it flow good for the viewer

@bernard ,@Ryuzaki @mj22, not a big gamer but i did sit through an hour or two of a playthrough of that western Red Dead 2. I'm going to put one of those recommended on out of curiosity.

The Joker was good, lots of layers. Not sure I "liked it", have learnt that lots of movies have pretty unwholesome stuff going on under the surface, so wouldn't want to recommend it.

I thought In the Tall Grass was crap. Thankfully there is a new season of American Horror Story on.

I watched Pain&Gain yesterday. It's based on a true story about some Miami bodybuilders kidnapping a rich guy and gets him sign away all his assets (in the 90s).

I didn't give it a chance when it came out, but it's quite funny if you allow it to make its case. Particularly if you've been apart of the Misc forums back in the day (that means pre-2012 or so, before the crackdown). They don't really make these silly "bro comedies" anymore, which is incidentally why the Joker got made. The director is the guy behind Hangover and he got quite pissed at "woke culture" and the Joker is sort of an f.. you to that zeitgeist.

The Spy, amazing israeli spy thriller based on a true story and very close to facts...about how a Israeli spy infiltrates Syrias government and gets to the very top of the political structure. Stars Sasha Baron Cohen better known as borat :tongue: (hes actually great here as an actor!)

"La casa de papel" is good, It's called "Money Heist" in English.

At the moment, 3 seasons have been released, but the fourth one is already filmed and will be launched most likely in January 2020.

Very strong characters and storyline - not the usual bland generic characters and love stories most series have.

I watch it in Spanish, but the English dub is really good too.

Anyone recommend something out of Japan or Korea this year?

Hannibal
If you want truly fucked up, check out Hannibal.
My wife would not continue watching.
Myself, I consider myself pretty hardened to movies, but that one is a treat.
Cinematography is top-notch as well.

Marcella
Marcella is fucked up in a special way.
We follow the woman in the title. She is a detective in the UK, working murder and homicide cases.
Slowly, her personal deamons come out to play.

The Following
Dark crime drama, starring a leader and his whole cult as the villain.

The curse of oak island was kinda fun for something playing in the background. I thought it was very interesting about all the history of that place. its worth a watch.

--
"Religion was deemed by the commoners as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
--
"When you're lost you're willing to believe anything. In this city every religion promised a future whether in this world or the next. All you had to pay them with was your faith and trust. And despite the celebration, the reverence and the prayer, everybody ends up in the same human mess: old, sick, unhappy, dead."
--
"If a god is willing to prevent evil but not able, then he's not omnipotent. If he's able but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he's neither able nor willing, then why call him a god? Why else do bad things happen to good people?"
--
"Without faith it is difficult to be controlled."
--

Damn I wish they made movies like this still!

Marriage Story is great. It's a very realistic portrayal of two people, who love each other, going through a divorce. It stars Adam Driver and Scarlet Johannson.

As a child of divorce, it was so incredibly accurate. It's a bit heavy of a movie, so if you're in a fucked up mental state, maybe stay away from it. But it's well worth the watch.

I actually got into this Black LIghtening series... reminds me of an inner city X-men

Back