Any Recommendations for one page websites?

Degree
Hey guys,

anyone dealt with one pager websites before? I have one on my hands and not sure how I should optimise it
or structure it in terms of Seo. It's been said that multiple H1s are okay , i'm not sure how that would work.

Anyone have similar experience with one pagers to share :smile:

Bro, I'm not sure I'd even try to rank a one pager, maybe u can do it, but prob gonna be tough and costly. Can u build it out with some more pages or attach a blog to it to add more content in backround to gain a little more traction and not look so thin to the GORG? I have ranked 4-5 page sites in the past but that was before all the zoo animal updates. Flesh out the site to make it legit looking at the least.

the constraint is the one-pager at the moment, unfortunately, was wondering if there are any other ways to hack this one up.

So I'm assuming it's basically a landing page on a domain. Make an about us page, contact, faq ect. That will at least help. If u can attach a blog to it, and get some content pumped to it it will help for SEO purposes. Hopefully someone else can help you with advice on this. I'd never try SEO a one page site with current algos.

Is this for a local business? If so, I don't think it's a problem. If it has a brand name you'll have no problem ranking for brand terms either. If I wanted to rank a one-page site for anything other than local or brand terms, then I'd choose one single term to optimize around, and include the long-tails and LSI and all that jazz I wrote about in the On-Page SEO Day.

I wouldn't use multiple H1's. Google can parse it, but it's incorrect, which is why the topic keeps coming up. Just do your regular nesting where the Title is the H1 and you have sub-sections with H2's, and H3's within them, etc.

We really need more information out of you:
  • What is the purpose of the site?
  • What is your goal for the site?
  • What kind of terms do you want to rank for?
  • How much content is present?
  • About how many images are there?
  • Is there any enhanced content elements like maps, lists, tables, quizzes, whatever?

Hey Ryuzaki,
Thanks for that post i've been through that guide and it was refreshingly comprehensive.
So the purpose of the site is to attract potential drivers to sign up and get to know more about the car company which hires drivers on a full time basis.

Terms I am looking at would be driving jobs in singapore, car rental company jobs , private car company jobs, private car hire jobs.

Company value proposition is to hire drivers with benefits i.e full time income instead of drivers renting cars to drive passengers for a fee.
The objective is to get traffic to the site to sign up with the car company for full time employment in Singapore. The problem is that generic terms with substantial volume like driving jobs are taken up by the big job boards.

As for the content that is present only a few images and a google map embed showing its location,you can view the site here: unicornlimo dot com.sg

zuZvfDe.png

keyword volume for the keywords here seem negligible. Not sure what exactly to target. Thanks for your advice!

@digitaljo, You should consider what the value of a lead is for you. If you get $500 per converted lead,
then those volumes may be fine. If you get $40 per warm lead, this might be a low earner for you.

But those long tails are pretty specific and come with some serious user intent. Say you rank #1 for all of those and get 10 visitors each across the 8 keywords you listed. That's 80 searches and you'll get 40% of those visitors, so 32 visitors a month from those. If you convert at 5% then at $500 a pop then you're talking about $800 in earnings on month on average (1.6 conversions per month). That's just from 8 keywords, but you should assume you won't hit #1 for them all and that you'll also get other unlisted long-tails and one-time type-in phrases.

That's just to help you think about it. If you know the value per lead to you then you can calculate a "cost per acquisition (CPA)" too, which means you could use that one-pager as a PPC lander and start doing paid traffic, which is probably what it was for, since I see very little on-page optimization going on with the page, and based on the layout.

You may find the CPC per click for searches like that in Adwords is pretty low compared to your CPA too and can be profitable in that way.

For on-page, you're basically starting at ground zero with optimization. Since you've read the On-Page day of the Crash Course, you know what needs to be done, which will require adding more content somewhere on the page. Depending on the competition in the SERPs and the search intent that Google thinks exists, you may be at a disadvantage being a one-pager sales lander.

Check to see what kind of pages they're ranking and on what domains. If it's all informational posts, then that's what you need. If it's all e-commerce (it's not) then that's what you need. You have to play into Google's hand, which they reveal right there in the SERPs.

I would add a clickable table of contents, assuming it's a long page, to help people navigate it.

Thank you guys, definitely worth thinking about the CPA in these cases something I hadn't thought about before because these days search volumes don't tell the full story anymore.

This shouldn't be an SEO play. Any time you see a one-page website, it's either a local company's website or it's a PPC lander. Yours is a PPC lander.

How does the website earn money? Do you sell the leads to the company or any other company? If so, then you know how much you get paid for each one. Now you know what your CPA is. Now you can start doing PPC and figuring out if you can come in below the CPA. Now you know your budget and can stabilize that campaign and expand out past that.

Even celebrities are getting their one-page sites de-ranked even though it's the official brand website. One-page sites have a hard time offering value to users by their very nature. PPC and do split tests and make changes based on conversion rates, not SEO.

Back