Any over employed people here?

Degree
Sites down to zero so I went and got jobs instead. Landed a 6k w2 job and a 3k 1099 role. Might land a third job soon. J1 says we can negotiate to 10k a month in six months. Let me see if I can go to 5k a month with j2. If I can get 20k a month across three jobs I’m good.

Workload is surprisingly lighter than running my own company. More security with less stress. Only issue so far is managing all the email accounts and corporate IM clients and collaboration tools!

I thought about training a VA my job but I think it’ll be easier if I tell my manager that I can make this an SOP, train someone, and then scale this part of the team.

In other news I took out a 400k EDIL loan during COVID and if my company fails I’m personally on the hook for this so, before you judge, know that I’m being a responsible FUCKED person by not defaulting on these public loans by taking on three jobs. Also, this is a warning store for noobs entrepreneurship is inherently risky. Avoid debt.

Was doing this years ago, talking about back 20+ years ago.

So if I was doing it then, Im pretty sure people are doing it now. Especially with the rise of remote work and digital marketing.

But yes, nothing wrong with this.

Nothing wrong with a job.

People like to say they're unemployable but that's only half a flex honestly.

A lot of jobs also give you exactly the ideas, learning and networking you need to become a successful entrepreneur.

Was doing this years ago, talking about back 20+ years ago.

So if I was doing it then, Im pretty sure people are doing it now. Especially with the rise of remote work and digital marketing.

But yes, nothing wrong with this.

It's a movement now. The subreddit has 307k subscribers https://www.reddit.com/r/overemployed/

https://overemployed.com/

Nothing wrong with a job.

People like to say they're unemployable but that's only half a flex honestly.

A lot of jobs also give you exactly the ideas, learning and networking you need to become a successful entrepreneur.
No, you don't get it. It's not having "a job" it is having 2 or more remote jobs at the same time, similar to having two girlfriends at the same time. You just don't tell them about each other!

Back