Any of you "upgraded" to Wordpress 4.4?

Yay, mine survived it too. It looks like something's gone wrong with easyazon core&pro on my amazon site.

I haven't had a problem yet with these small updates by waiting a week or two. But when we went from 3 to 4 my sites just about burned down to the ground. When 5 comes out I'll worry.

Agreed on the waiting a week. I also read a plugin forum or two to make sure the storm has settled.

Hold off, there's too many plugins both paid and free right now that have bugs with 4.4.

Wordpress can roll out a new version, check it over, etc. But that doesn't mean your plugins are going to work with it. It's really a hassle to roll back to the previous version, waste time troubleshooting, etc.

And for what? To say you have 4.4, which basically means you gained nothing... I for one, am tired of seeing WP get bloated more and more with every single update.

That 4.4 update screwed up some a shortcode plugin for one of my sites. My navigation for a case study is all screwed up now. One of my last sites on wordpress though, so meh, whatever.

Half the time I perform a production upgrade shit gets fucked. I have not upgraded to 4.4. Don't plan to until they get all the kinks worked out.

4.4 breaks ExpressCurate, though it doesn't seem to do it consistently. One of my people got perpetually stuck in text editor mode until the plugin was deactivated.

Also: fucking Wordpress.

Back