Amazon OneLink - Canada Tax Interview

Degree
I am working on setting up Amazon’s OneLink since I’m getting decent traffic in both Canada and UK. For Canada, it’s requiring me to complete a new tax interview. Does anyone know what the answers should be for the below questions? I'm a U.S. resident by the way.
  • Where will services be performed? I'm assuming Canada...
    • [image down]
  • What type of services are you providing to Amazon?

Also, for those who are experienced with OneLink, has this caused any changes to your taxes? I.e. do you have to file anything new for your U.S. taxes or start filing something for Canada based revenue?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall having to do this when I signed up for all the OneLink countries. But I would say that the services are being performed in the United States, not in Canada. You operate out of the U.S. It's where you reside, your company resides, where you pay taxes, etc. If you think about it too much it gets murky. But if a Canadian buys something from a US company, that US company doesn't owe taxes in Canada. Amazon is paying you for a service and you operate out of the USA.

I would reckon, based on the process of elimination, that "Commission" is the appropriate choice for the type of service you're providing, too.

But no, I haven't altered my taxes in any way. I get revenue from around the globe and they can all kiss my butt in the same way that the EU can kiss my butt about GDPR. Just flat out, I'm not going to do it. Extradite me!

Back