Amazon Associate Experts - I need to borrow your experience...

Degree
Hey guys,

So as the title explains, I am looking to get a little advice from those who have a lot of experience with amazon associates. Mainly those who have experience with promoting items for $$$$.

I am currently ranking No. 11 for a great keyword "Best..." which gets around 5400 searches a month! I feel like it's a great keyword, the only thing that I am unsure about is whether a user is likely to purchase an item through my link and on Amazon.

Especially with the product being in the region of $1500 - $2500.

Does anyone have any experience in this area?

I mean it would be a huge payday if they did convert!

Thanks in advance! :smile:

That's usually a price range where it'll take between 3-5+ visits to make a final buying decision and the overall conversion rate will be below 1%. More often than not, you won't get the credit - especially if your page is the first/second result the user clicked on.

You really need to either:

a) capture their email and funnel them back to the buying guide or a specific (recommended) product lander so they can click through to amazon and make the purchase.
b) retarget them on FB do the same as above.

I wouldn't consider option b for anything less than a $50-60 commission. That gives you enough room to drive them back to your site at a positive ROI

That's usually a price range where it'll take between 3-5+ visits to make a final buying decision and the overall conversion rate will be below 1%. More often than not, you won't get the credit - especially if your page is the first/second result the user clicked on.

You really need to either:

a) capture their email and funnel them back to the buying guide or a specific (recommended) product lander so they can click through to amazon and make the purchase.
b) retarget them on FB do the same as above.

I wouldn't consider option b for anything less than a $50-60 commission. That gives you enough room to drive them back to your site at a positive ROI

How would you suggest capturing email on a top 10 product type of page?

How would you suggest capturing email on a top 10 product type of page?

There are a lot of ways, but here's just one:

Put a table on top, 100 word mini review of each product below, but offer to download an in-depth review of each product individually.

You can either create a PDF or send them to a review post on your site that's not indexed/ranking.

Let's say you have 5 products, but you're really promoting only 2. You'll have 2 different lead magnets/funnels and a pretty solid idea on who your visitors are and what are they looking to get (hint: you can use these channels [email and retargeting] to sell them a LOT of closely-related stuff).

This should be enough to get your creative juices flowing

EDIT: I wouldn't do that on product roundup pages with avg price point below $1k. It's (usually) not worth it and I prefer to have one solid CTA (click to amazon) and not dilute my CRs.

That's usually a price range where it'll take between 3-5+ visits to make a final buying decision and the overall conversion rate will be below 1%.

Thanks for this reality check @andreint, this is one of the challenges I'm having with my site. I don't mind right now, as I think it may end up becoming an ecommerce site in the long run, since many products aren't on Amazon and the ones that are have terrible listings.

Back