Amazon Algorithm

Can Amazon listings can be easily knocked off by sending non conveting traffic?

• TRUE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FALSE

• UNDECIDED

• Total voters

luxer

In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity
BuSo Pro
Degree
I have been selling on Amazon and was recently reading an Amazon course. In it the author claimed that it was best not to market the products in too many different places (spam the web with your link) as the algorithm ranked your product based on how many people landed/converted.

While this made sense to me, I wonder if it is true. It seems like it would be way too easy to send spam traffic and knock off listings if this was the case?

Curious if anyone has any experience or feedback with this!

It seems like it would be way too easy to send spam traffic and knock off listings if this was the case?

If confirmed do you plan to do this or is this more of a curiosity question?

@Calamari Well time invested wise, I don't normally focus too much attention on Amazon but was planning to scale up.

And I was thinking about creative ways to get more eyeballs on my products. But was curious if sending less than likely to convert traffic would hurt my search rankings within Amazon.

I have been selling on Amazon and was recently reading an Amazon course. In it the author claimed that it was best not to market the products in too many different places (spam the web with your link) as the algorithm ranked your product based on how many people landed/converted.

While this made sense to me, I wonder if it is true. It seems like it would be way too easy to send spam traffic and knock off listings if this was the case?

Curious if anyone has any experience or feedback with this!

I've been selling on Amazon with FBA for the last 2 yrs now and have consumed just about all the info I can find on the A9 algorithm ranking factors - all white hat, black and all shades in-between. I have never read or heard of anyone being able to negatively impact rankings simply by sending outside spam traffic to a listing. Just remember that Amazon can distinguish between outside referral traffic vs a conversion sale made within it's marketplace. Unlike Google, it has all the data points, metrics, conversion rates on user behavior within their marketplace. It understands window shoppers, informational searches, buyer intent actions, bounce rates, conversion rates far better than Google because it has access to all your sales activity.

I'm not saying it may not be a piece of the ranking factors but Amazon has so many other stronger and better data points to predict and use for ranking that it can easily discount a bunch of spammy referral traffic and just take in account how a consumer interacts with your listing within their own platform.

Here are the main ranking factors for Amazon from the top of my head (not any any particular order) that you need to be focusing on.

-Text relevancy (title, bullet points, description, backend terms)

-Stock availability (Amazon does not like low inventory)

-Price (Amazon uses price predictions to rank you)

-Sales velocity and conversion rates

-Fulfillment method (Prime offerings have priority)

-Images (must be compliant)

-Reviews (ratings and review totals)

-Refund rate %

-Brand Registry - I believe Amazon is relying on this more to predict a good customer experience thus it will be factored into the A9 ranking factors. Remember when Google's Eric Schmidt call the internet a "cess pool" and brands are the solution to sort it out? I strongly believe Amazon is going in this direction as well and brand registry is their answer.

Back