Alexa Directory Spam Sites?

Degree
What are these sites?

punecolleges.in
muchmore.in
aadarsh.in

All look like an automated directory script.
A particular website I was checking had tons of backlinks like this and was still ranking.
Mind = blown

It's spam. They want unaware webmasters to see them in their backlink checkers and then the webmaster goes to it and sees a chance to buy backlinks, etc. It's a stupid numbers game these guys play to make money on expired domains.

It's the exact same as spoofing analytics traffic from sites like social-buttons.info or whatever.

Another similar game is image scrapers who are getting tons of Google Images traffic to auto-generated sites with Adsense on them. I'd say Google knows about it but they're making money so who cares until enough people call them out.

Other similar sites are "keyword research" sites. There's countless types of these types of spam all trying to suck unsuspecting newbie webmasters into buying crap or dumb browsers to click Adsense, etc. Same with domain parking pages where old people get stuck in a loop of clicking ads in those.

Google undoubtedly knows about all of this and ignores it. Most of it is nofollow (thank you, spammers).

Sometimes you see something weird and uncommon and I've seen those get sites penalized, like web 2.0 networks linking to images and linking out with periods as anchor text, etc. I've straight up seen a site get penalized for dofollow links to their image files, not even the webpages. Recovered it too.

The Globe is another one too.
ANother what?

It's spam. They want unaware webmasters to see them in their backlink checkers and then the webmaster goes to it and sees a chance to buy backlinks, etc. It's a stupid numbers game these guys play to make money on expired domains.
Damn, but they must be making some profit. There are a lot of them

Back