Affiliate Networks - Lots of Links - Possible Shaving

Degree
I have a website with thousands of product links, I've been using Skimlinks as a very simple way of affiliating as many of the links as possible. It's been working extremely well and I have most likely become complacent with the amount of money I am missing out on.

I have noticed several companies with a large range of products that offer affiliate programs and I am getting clicks on that are generating 0 revenue. I have tried reaching out to Skimlinks as they do support these companies as merchants but I am yet to get the issue resolved. I am almost certain it can't just be that no one has purchased anything as they are medium/large retailers and I get more than enough clicks to adjust for variance. Does anyone think it may be worth trying to find a way to sign up to individual affiliate programs and attempt to create a system where these links are affiliated for in the backend or just trying a different network?

What's the downside to trying a different network? If you're not making much money now, you're not really risking a lot by switching. Plus you can always switch back!

All I can say is if you don't have a very efficient way of managing the links and checking if the products are live or not, etc... it's a giant and unmanageable pain, which is probably why Skimlinks is having issues. I hate it so much that only want to work with Amazon when I'm doing affiliate work for generalized products.

I built a site recently on a powerful expired domain, custom coded the theme, wrote and had content written, and used my custom affiliate link management system. There was only about 10 different programs I joined. Within a month, two had closed, one didn't refund their Commission Junction account, another bailed on Shareasale and started their own program (so I had to sign up to another)... Others dropped their payouts to pennies per conversion. It was such a hassle that I haven't even loaded the site in a year. It might not even be live. Complete waste of time and money, all because of the affiliate programs.

I doubt you'll want to deal with the hassle either. It changes things from set-and-forget to constant maintenance.

Back