Adwords Wordpress Malware

Degree
Anybody fighting this fight right now? Getting campaigns shut down randomly because reasons that baffle your brain?

==============================

Hello AdWords Advertiser,

We wanted to alert you that one or more of your ads or keywords have been disapproved. Unfortunately, we won't be able to show your ads on Google, our search partners, or on Display Network placements until you edit your ads or keywords to make them compliant with our policies.

If this is an error, we want to get your ads back up and running as quickly as possible, and your Google team is here to help. Below you'll find the reason why your ads or keywords have been disapproved. At the end of this email, you'll find a Problem Report that includes details about which ads or keywords have been disapproved and what you can do to fix them (if possible).

====================
Disapproval Reason
====================
Malicious or unwanted software: To help ensure the safety and security of our users, we've disapproved your ad because it contains malicious software (malware) or because your landing page is known to host or distribute malware in violation of our policies. We strongly encourage you to investigate this issue immediately in order to protect yourself as well as your customers. To run your ad, follow these instructions to check your computer for malware, remove all malicious code from your ad and site, and submit your site and ads for review: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954#311

Malicious or unwanted software: To help ensure the safety and security of our users, we've disapproved your ad because it contains malicious software (malware) or because your landing page is known to host or distribute malware in violation of our policies. We strongly encourage you to investigate this issue immediately in order to protect yourself as well as your customers. To run your ad, follow these instructions to check your computer for malware, remove all malicious code from your ad and site, and submit your site and ads for review: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954#311
--------------------

Repeated violations of our Advertising Policies may result in a suspension of your AdWords account, so it's important to address any issues as soon as possible by reviewing our policies. You can review our Advertising Policies at: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cm&utm_campaign=awpv.

This message was sent from a notification-only email address that doesn’t accept incoming email. If you have questions about our policies, please contact us through the AdWords Help Center at http://support.google.com/adwords/b...source=google&utm_medium=cm&utm_campaign=awpv.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

==============================

And then when you reach out to them, they give you a list of CSS, JS, Jquery and yes, even your own self hosted images as the pages that trip their internal malware scanner.

If someone has sorted out the work around to this, it's in my interest to pay you monies to share the goods with me. Thanks in advance.

I've lost 2 accounts to this shit.

Happens more than you'd think (for standalone advertisers) I guess? Tracking down my hosting company led to conclusions that my site had been hacked somehow. I just refreshed everything and things seemed to work again, but it screwed up my Adwords camps so much with disapprovals by then I lost the accounts.

Not sure about today, but BACK IN THE DAY....

They didn't even scan your site/files for viruses, they just went off "tips" and "reports" provided by 3rd parties.

So BACK IN THE DAY, if you were an eager little shit, you could report "false" virus and malware issues.. get it into certain databases ( Im not sharing BTW... ok ok, it was TrendMicro ), and then your competitors would get labeled as having these issues and get shut down allowing you to soak up more eyeballs for your ads.

Think of it like the fake C&D's and DCMA's that got peoples sites taken down during the rebill craze, but with malware and viruses now. It's pretty much the same tactic but on a deeper playing field.

There isn't a good way to reverse this though ( at least there wasn't a good way, BACK IN THE DAY ).

Maybe things have changed now. Maybe this isn't what Im talking about either.

Hmmm, BACK IN THE DAY

Back