Adsense vs Analytics stats

Degree
Adsense stats for impressions are always lower than any other analytics software. I've read around this and it seems like the standard reasons people give are:

1. Some browsers dont load iframes (this is nonsense - the numbers are too different, there is no way 20% of the people coming to my site are using strange browsers that cannot render iframes)

2. Ad blockers (this would stop the impression totally as it would block the whole adsense unit from loading but again, as with 1 the number of people using ad blocks is not high enough to make up for the difference, also a lot of the time I route traffic through a traffic manager and only send non-ad blocking traffic to my adsense sites)

So I am of the thinking that adsense basically does not give you impressions for some hits but I cant tell why. I checked the fill rate on ads too and that runs at close to 100%.

Is there any accurate studies on what adsense calls or counts as an impressions?

There really is no technology to magically filter out ALL potential users that Block Ads. There is custom stuff that can get coded within minutes and there are greasemonkey type of script code that are difficult to detect.

According to a new IAB report, 26 percent of desktop users and 15 percent of mobile consumers use blockers to remove ads from publishers' websites. Roughly 32 percent of ad blockers across both groups are males between 18 and 34, and 22 percent are women of the same age.

In terms of people who aren't using ad blockers, 20 percent were convinced to stop using them because a blocker wiped out a publisher's content, for instance, or messages asked them to turn ad blocking off. Another 17 percent of non-ad block users are "at risk to start doing so," according to the study.

[..]

A total of 330 people who said they used ad blockers blamed ads for making websites slower, either because the ads were too data-heavy or because there were too many of them.

Sauce: IAB Study Says 26% of Desktop Users Turn On Ad Blockers

As well Google could be simply not showing Adsense to a segment of your users like for example you may have a ton of users from 3rd world countries and the advertisers are blocking their Ads from being shown to them OR Google determined the traffic to be "bad" traffic - bots or fraud and are auto-filtering that traffic out.

The reality is it's an impossible struggle - in an effort for publishers to squeeze more and more money out of each visitor they've filled their websites and pages to the gills with advertisement - so much so that several websites are impossible to even navigate without an Ad-Blocker - so we keep them on cause bad publishers or bad advertisers ruined it for the bunch.

in an effort for publishers to squeeze more and more money out of each visitor they've filled their websites and pages to the gills with advertisement - so much so that several websites are impossible to even navigate without an Ad-Blocker - so we keep them on cause bad publishers or bad advertisers ruined it for the bunch.

Some people just don't understand that you catch more flies with honey, or to say it in other words use exclusivity to raise the price of their ads by limmiting the ammount of them, and in return get happier users that has a great experience on the site and perhaps are even more prone to clicking the adse becouse they ren't everywhere on the page and becouse of the premium price are good quality ads.

Does it matter if you had 2 adsense blocks on a page, one at the top and one at the bottom.

Will Adsense count an impression per ad? Eg - nearly all visitors will see the top ad, but only a smaller portion will read the article, scrolling down to see the bottom ad, therefore counting 2 impressions?

Then again, you would expect that the ad impressions would always be higher in that case if it was counting multiple impressions per visitor.

Just found this page on the Adsense site:
Impressions per ad session
The average number of ad impressions per ad session. Note that there are typically multiple ad impressions per page load.

Also this one:
Impressions
An impression is counted for each ad request that returns at least one ad to the website. It is the number of ad units (for content ads) or search queries (for search ads) that showed ads.

Back