AdSense User First Programme

Degree
Has anyone got accepted to the User First beta? Google vaguely states that it will improve site revenue, but I don't know if it's worth to get the requirements sorted.

All new ad units have been flops for my site. In-article ads, matched content ads are earning fraction of what the normal units make, so I don't have any incentive to use them.

For User First, I've got "Ad acceptance" approval and site speed improvement is probably doable. But it would require quite a lot of testing to get approved with "Ad layout" as I have no idea what's wrong with the current layout.

So my question is, if anyone's in? If so, is it worth it? I know it's under NDA, but simple "yes"/"no" would help too. :smile:

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm in it. I've not used any of the ads. Matched Content, In-Article, and the other nonsense. They seem to be made simply to encroach on the territory of other ad networks, instead of really being "user first."

I'm in but haven't used any of it. People have talked about the auto-optimization of the ad layouts being horrible and breaking it's own ToS. They also mention that their earnings went down with it too.

I tried and tried to get the speed requirement sorted, but scripts from my existing ads (only AdSense) slow the site so much that I've only got like 75 max. Pages without ads got 90+. Fking Google...

But thank you, as it seems it's not even worth it.

Back