Adding Press Releases In "About Us" Silo Onsite For EEAT

googlealchemist

Google Alchemist
Degree
I'm going apeshit on EEAT lately...

Something I've noticed for a long time now is that bigger sites tend to have a "Newsroom" or something similar where they showcase all of their press releases and other media coverage, etc.

This makes a lot of sense from a social proof sort of perspective for conversions onsite, but also for offsite brand building etc...

But also, I'm seeing this as a huge plus for EEAT as well.

So what I was thinking to leverage this to the max, was starting to adding all press releases that I syndicate for a project, or news articles I have written about my brand (or any local/national tv episodes),...all branded stuff of course, to a category I have setup to silo posts for an About Us category, which all link up to the primary About Us page as well as daisy chained to each other.

I'm adding Youtube videos and blog post content into that silo as well for the same reasons. Sort of a mix of personal/brand information to add EEAT signals and more relevance by talking about the relevant niche in the same post, working it all together.

The main About Us page is interlinked with the primary contact page, homepage, author page, etc...

All maxed out with schema too.

Dunno if these are real concerns, but I don't want to dilute the topic of my niche by pushing out too much personal/brand specific content and affect rankings onsite?

And I'm not sure if there would be any technical mistakes to avoid or best practices for adding the pr's to my site?

I think this is a great idea. You want to create a topical cluster around you and your brand name and linking to places that have your name on trusted sites seem a good way to do this. I wouldn't worry about reciprocal linking etc. I don't think that is a thing like that.

And also link to these press releases from SoMe if you have it.

Unless the press releases are landing on giant sites that aren't eventually deleting their syndicated content, I wouldn't bother, and even then I don't know that I'd use it. You're better off listing the kind of stuff you'd pick up organically, through HARO (like author quotes, and consider putting them on the author's archive page too), or Digital PR links.

What I mean is a link that just happens to link to you isn't good enough. It needs to be about your brand or quotes by your authors, etc. Like if I were to get a random link with the anchor text "how to eat with a fork" to my "how to eat with a fork" page from an article called "The Fork Guide" on BBC.com, that's not one worth listing. But if they wrote an article about your site, about your author, or about data you curated and organized and they mention you, then that's worthy.

What I mean is a link that just happens to link to you isn't good enough. It needs to be about your brand or quotes by your authors, etc. Like if I were to get a random link with the anchor text "how to eat with a fork" to my "how to eat with a fork" page from an article called "The Fork Guide" on BBC.com, that's not one worth listing. But if they wrote an article about your site, about your author, or about data you curated and organized and they mention you, then that's worthy.

Among other things (like credibility of the website, etc..), this is exactly what Wikipedia mods look for when determining if a link makes sense for a page. It needs to be about your brand, an award you won, a significant event you were in, etc.. Basically, your brand needs to be mentioned and not just a contextual link pointing back to your website.

all branded stuff of course, to a category I have setup to silo posts for an About Us category, which all link up to the primary About Us page as well as daisy chained to each other.

HARO links are a good example of links you would want to include in your author page or press page. I have been tinkering with this for a while but your post got me thinking now..

I don't know why you would need an entire category though. You can just make one page with the links!

Back