Adam enfroys site - links dont work or manual review?

Degree
Pretty clear question, and this is based off of an ahrefs traffic; which we all know is only a estimate.

forgive me if im way off, just speculating here

Why did adam enfroys site (adamenfroy . Com) get destroyed?

My hypothesis is that there was a manual review and google didn’t like his approach of manipulating link building - and if that didn’t happen - its possible he is shooting for super competitive kws and his site doesnt have the topical coverage or e-eat of his competitors. Along with exact match anchors and link spam update; this could be the case…

why does this matter?
Because the links he obtains are clearly the type many of us seek out.

Note: I know, who cares about some guru guy -Im more curious of builders input on the topic, rather than his site or him.

From what I grasped on here... it wasn't so much the links but rather him expanding into topics all over the place. He was putting out content on whatever he could rank for and he was for a while because he had a ton of authority on his site.

Example... his main "niche" was blogging and making money but he would have articles on underwater basket weaving and how to ride a horse.

But yeah I just checked out his site and wow, his about page is DECKED OUT.
- What do you guys think about that for EEAT?

Also, for this page where you scroll down to the bottom he has a "as featured on" where he lists a bunch of logos but they don't click or link to which article he was featured in.
- Wouldn't it build more authority if they actually directed to whichever article he was listed in?

This is what I had to say about it when I first brought it up:

This would seem like a contradiction because the guy has WAY more than enough EEAT to go around. From all the on-site signals to killer links and references and mentions and appearances... but he didn't have the right expertise for everything he was covering, and because he was "out of his lane" it crushed everything:

oho7GJp.png

He's public about it, so I feel fine sharing it. This is AdamEnfroy.com and is a perfect example of how aggressive all this new stuff is, mainly the Core Updates (EEAT?) and the Product Review updates. Had he stuck to Internet Marketing topics he'd probably have been fine but he branched out into finance and got wasted, starting with the March 2022 Product Reviews Update and then the September 2022 Core Update finished him off.

I think he crashed for two main reasons:

1) You can have "EEAT signals" all day long, but if not the right kind that is satisfactory for the niche, then it's worth nothing. So you have a two-fold problem here: He ventured into Finance (YMYL) hard enough that he got tagged as being YMYL sitewide and he didn't have the supporting EATT for it. He had it for blogging, though.

2) The Product Reviews Updates came in and swept his legs out from under him. None of his reviews are remotely up to snuff in the way Google wants them to be now. He was going above and beyond in some ways, like "What I like and don't like" sections and things like that, but at the end of the day none of these were any better than grabbing 10 Amazon product images and describing the products. And product reviews appear to have been a substantial majority of his content.

He may be THE prime example of the kind of stuff Google wanted to get rid of with YMYL and Product Review updates. I'm not making a value judgement here about the guy or content, but you couldn't design a site that fit the criteria to get destroyed by these two updates better than he did. I'm glad he made a lot of money while he did and didn't sell it leaving someone else to hold the bag.

What do you guys think about that for EEAT

You can't be an "expert" in all niches under the sun. Maybe you are a master chemist but also trade stocks on the side and consider yourself to be an expert in it, but Google doesn't see that you have the appropriate credentials or EEAT built up for the stock trading part so you won't get their trust there.

When he first popped up on my YouTube recommended page, I looked up his site, and it ranked very well for dumb keywords like youtube video download or youtube to mp3. High-volume keywords he was able to sneak onto the front page with any amount of content. He still shows up in the SERPs for those sorts of keywords, but they're pushed to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pages.

It reminds me of the IT company/website Electric.ai's search volume estimate on Semrush because it ranked 1st for the word electric a few years back.
jeWnCKQ.png

Given that screenshot solely, most of you would assume the company went under, and the CEO necked himself.

Also, recurring affiliate commissions. He's primarily promoting software, not doodoo-ass Amazon widgets or relying on display ads. You know what that means, right? When traffic goes down, earnings don't necessarily go down.

I know most here are SEO only, but he has the email list, paid traffic, courses, his YouTube channel, etc. Life's not over for Mr. Enfroy.

You can't be an "expert" in all niches under the sun. Maybe you are a master chemist but also trade stocks on the side and consider yourself to be an expert in it, but Google doesn't see that you have the appropriate credentials or EEAT built up for the stock trading part so you won't get their trust there.
Totally! That guy's site had some solid backlinks that gave him a decent ranking for a bit. But he was diving into many different topics, it was only a matter of time before he got smacked down by Google. It just goes to show that backlinks alone won't keep you at the top of the SERPs forever!

Back