A question of on-page Seo, Relevance

Degree
If i research my keyword in keyword planner and sort google to display keywords by "Relevance" Would this have strong positive effect if i were to include say the top 5-10 most relevant keywords on my page?

If i research my keyword in keyword planner and sort google to display keywords by "Relevance" Would this have strong positive effect if i were to include say the top 5-10 most relevant keywords on my page?

Lots of factors here. If it's a short article, you'll probably want to stick with the main KW and have relevant articles with those next 5-10 KWs linking together. You can use different variations of the same KW, but I wouldn't try to hard to reach out to other KWs which aren't highly related. Low competition, though, may allow multiple KWs for short pieces.

If you're using long form, you're really opening the door a bit. Pillar type posts can have tons of related KWs and it won't look or read like you're KW stuffing. Still, keep the KWs as relevant and tight as possible. When in doubt, have a second article and just link them together intuitively.

There are exceptions to every rule, of course. Depending on your niche, your level of competition, your inbound links, site authority, etc etc.

Test everything.

Actually there's a threshold in place for the volume of related terms that occur/appear on a page. In short, a term is either a keyword or phrase...

While I can't give you a figure, because I firmly believe this is 'SERP Dependent', what I can tell you is that Google do look at the average amount of related terms on a page about a particular topic, if this goes over their threshold (which I assume is therefore based on the average) then you will be in essence over-optimizing.

I say this a lot, but the best way to write SEO optimized content is to write it naturally and focus on putting the more 'manipulative' areas in the opening and finishing paragraphs.

Building relevancy is actually a lot more effective when focusing on site structure & internal linking. Which is what @c4yrslf12 is saying and he's 100% right. With content there's more factors than you can realistically hope to understand, especially when you consider how they work together.

Here's an awesome post by Brian about on-page seo :

http://backlinko.com/on-page-seo

Hope it helps.

This post is full of badly researched assumptions. It's a topic that Brian is clearly not that familiar with. I was disappointed that he published some of what he did (in particular LSI which he had plain wrong) without looking into it first. Otherwise I'm a big fan of Brian, but it's naive for any of us to assume that he's an expert at every form of SEO and that this post was anything but a tactical play to get more traffic.

My advice is to avoid Brian's post and instead head to http://www.seodesignsolutions.com/ because Jeffrey Smith actually knows what he's talking about.

Last edited:
Back