5,634.75% Growth in 12 Months

Degree
Been lurking / working on my own authority site for just over 12 months, shits getting real and things are getting cereal.

Here to add value, answer questions and ask questions on my journey to my first 6 figure flip.

Year to date traffic stats :smile:

http://screencast.com/t/VkNdAbszt5

This time last year I had 100 visits a day or something and now its over 10,000 a day.

I know very little about SEO and I have not built a link.

Oh my.

Nice work man!

I'm on a similar journey and I'm looking forward to hear more!

Welcome to BuSo!

Been lurking / working on my own authority site for just over 12 months, shits getting real and things are getting cereal.

Here to add value, answer questions and ask questions on my journey to my first 6 figure flip.

Year to date traffic stats :smile:

http://screencast.com/t/VkNdAbszt5

This time last year I had 100 visits a day or something and now its over 10,000 a day.

I know very little about SEO and I have not built a link.

Oh my.

Tell us about your journey!

someone tell me how I can embed images here and I will tell my story.

In the "quick reply" box below or the "more options" page, you do the following:
bIbmQ6y.png

So some people have asked for my story. I like to use bullet points instead of masses of text so here we go...
  • Started in 2008 running CPA - made some decent $ running biz ops and my own offer.
  • Lost it all on a couple of failed ventures and stupid shit.
  • Relearned and refocused and worked my ass off after finding my love for the game in 2014 after reading CCarter and Tavin's threads over on WickedFire.
  • My site is a female targeted entertainment based site.
  • Started my own big brand site proper at the start of 2014.
  • I knew very little about SEO, social or building brands but I worked hard and learned fast and on the job.
  • Months of content building went by with no results... $0.10 days were common and heartbreaking.
  • I refused to stop.
  • Finally something clicked and traffic kept growing and growing... and growing.
  • This coincided with me working 16 hour days on my site.
  • People started searching for my actual brand and pen name author and return traffic grew and grew.
  • Natural search, social and email and other referral sources started flowing in and it continues to this day and grows every month.
  • Here are some images that tell my story...
0K5vgSu.png

Bh4HKBt.png

qtIbwp5.png

I'm definitely on the path to big brand status I can feel it in my bones, I have 11k loyal subs on my email list who hang on my every word and buy my shit when I mail it.

The project is slightly in profit at this point but every penny made is invested right back into the project. I will not stop until I dominate.

I am now at the point where I need to scale operations with a managed team. I hope some of you can help and we can shoot the breeze about team management etc.

Feel free to ask questions and please move me out of the intro zone :smile:

I look forward to contributing and working with you guys on the journey to big brand success.

Nice work! How are you building your list? Just opt-ins at the bottom of posts? Giveaways?

Pops and in post links.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm trying to focus WAY more on list building on my 2nd authority site so I hope you don't mind another quick question. For the pops, are you doing on page load or exit? Did you do any split-testing?

np happy to help.

I have tested on load vs delay and 5 second delay on entrance works best for me.

Then I have exit pops too :smile:

between 1-2% v total sessions.That is with no split testing which is high on my to do list.

Nice work man! I also have female targeted website (Beauty, fashion, etc) with almost 150k visitors a month. Do you mind telling more about your monetization? I have huge problem with monetization and I am making like ~$300/month with adsense. I tried affiliate offers, no luck. I am now in process of applying to some cpm networks in female niche. Not sure what to do, I would like to hear your advice. Thank you!

Adsense is about 50% of rev.

I sell a low priced ebook as a tripwire product and then manually email / communicate with those buyers and upsell a higher priced item.

It's all very manual at this stage but I've proved the concept so now it's time to automate etc

I'm going through adsense split tests ATM and things are looking good.

Do that for a quick win if you want to boost rev fast - ie. optimise your tops 10 pages for ctr and then roll out site wide.

Cool, thanks! Yeah, I just started building my email list but sill haven't sent out first email. Problem is with picking something to sell, like ebook, is that niche is so wide, from entertainment, beauty to fashion. I would need to sell specific things to specific articles that are getting traffic.

Are you in more specific niche where you can sell single e-book to entire audience that is coming to your site?

Also, about adsense placements, I tried every placement combination that I could think of and the thing that worked the best are three medium rectangles in top, mid and end of a post. CTR is 0.5 - 1% and cpc around $0.20. And 90% of my traffic is from mobile devices, maybe that is my problem.

Also, about adsense placements, I tried every placement combination that I could think of and the thing that worked the best are three medium rectangles in top, mid and end of a post. CTR is 0.5 - 1% and cpc around $0.20. And 90% of my traffic is from mobile devices, maybe that is my problem.
Your problem is the traffic you're acquiring.

You're trying to squeeze water out of a rock.

You can split hairs about optimizing all day long but even if it makes a 300% difference its still a lot easier to just figure out how to get more valuable traffic. The real value of what you have right now is the credibility you've earned.

Leverage it to pick up some traffic that's actually worth money. Keywords where the traffic is worth XXX+ are a dime a dozen. Even a few hundred visitors a month from traffic sources with actual value can make you instantly profitable.

Whilst it might be hard work to make it work it is definitely worth making your existing traffic earn for you. If you can't squeeze money out of 150,000 people you have a problem that more traffic is not going to solve.

There is a value that you can extract from it, so I would do that.

Searching for more "valuable" traffic might be fun and exciting but what if you get that traffic and it doesn't magically bring in the $$$ as suggested?

There are many ways to get water out of a rock, you just have to keep trying.

By the sounds of your site ebooks are going to be a very tough sell so I would focus on email.

Build that list up. It is the fastest way to recycle your generalised traffic into more valuable targeted traffic that can make you money.

My point is all traffic has an inherent value. Leaving $$$ on the table at this stage to chase more traffic is a bad habit to get into.

It's not an either or by the way... You should be doing this whilst building traffic :smile:

Leverage it to pick up some traffic that's actually worth money. Keywords where the traffic is worth XXX+ are a dime a dozen. Even a few hundred visitors a month from traffic sources with actual value can make you instantly profitable.

@secretagentdad Yes that is soooooo true. However, the question is I guess: How to detect the people who are spending money on actual products and are not the average collegue kid that does not want to pay for anything? Any suggestions?

Yes that is soooooo true. However, the question is I guess: How to detect the people who are spending money on actual products and are not the average collegue kid that does not want to pay for anything? Any suggestions?

The keywords expose the user's intent level. For instance...

Computers - That's very broad. The user has no clue what they want and is just doing general research.

Computer Pictures - They want to see pics. Hit them with display ads.

How to Use a Computer - Now you're dropping user's deeper into your funnel right off the bat. They are interested and you can warm them to the idea of buying a certain computer or piece of software or a peripheral device.

Computer Reviews - Oh, now we're talking. These searchers are on the verge of buying. They just need a little push in the right direction (aka whatever you get a commission on).

Computer Coupons - These searchers are literally about to buy, like RIGHT NOW. You don't even have to work for it.​

Those are just examples. You have to become at least an armchair psychologist to be a decent marketer, because you need to be able to get inside the heads of your searchers, understand what their choice of words means, the etymology and driving forces behind these words, etc.

With that being said, I 'm sure you can figure out how to build traffic funnels inside your own site now too using internal links to drive warm traffic through a soft-sell to a page where you hard-sell them. It's all about the funnel and working the traffic over, pre-selling them, warming them, and some good old "inception."

I 'm sure you can figure out how to build traffic funnels inside your own site now too using internal links to drive warm traffic through a soft-sell to a page where you hard-sell them. It's all about the funnel and working the traffic over, pre-selling them, warming them, and some good old "inception."

This.

Master broad traffic and you are golden.

Back