301 SEO Question

Degree
Hello everyone,

I have a website that I've been sending really clean backlinks to for around 8 months (was a new domain). Mostly done Steve's outreach links here. Sitting at around pages 4-6 for the keywords I want to rank for. I recently purchased a really good domain in the same niche from TB Solutions. It has over 600 clean backlinks.

My question is, do any of you 301 redirect domains to your money domain to get all that link juice? Or do you think that to be too risky? Would love to hear some thoughts on that.

Thanks.

I've done this quite a few times now, and several of those times have been multiple websites ported over to one main site. I saw huge returns at first with powerful domains to a weak main domain. As all of it added together, each subsequent addition did less for me.

I wouldn't be afraid to do it, but what I'd recommend is using the Wayback Machine to recover any content you can and adding what is worthy to your main site. That may mean editing and fixing content to match your style and ditching some of it altogether. But I'd check Ahrefs & Majestic and see which old posts had good links going to them and recreate those too.

The goal at the end of the day is to not just do a homepage to homepage redirect. You want to not look shady and you want to preserve as much goodness as possible. That means 301-ing About to About, Contact to Contact, inner post to inner post. You don't have to do it all, especially if an old post or page has no links to it. But I'd do the boilerplate pages like About & Contact, Homepage, and any inner pages where the content is good enough to save and/or the content had links to it worth saving.

It's all about making it look like a legitimate merger and not an SEO play.

Awesome advice thank you! I didn't even think about 301-ing to separate pages like that. Great idea. Appreciate it!

Back