301 expired Domain vs Keeping it as PBN Asset

Degree
first of all.. Aloha!
just found this site and already have learned more seo tactics in 1 day that i have all of last year.
Very excited to be here and looking forward to learning and sharing with this community.

Question.

Im finding alot of quasi juicy expired domains with a handful of good links from uber authority domains. Not a large quantity of links but really targeted/relevant to topics in money site.
The problem i have is deciding if its better to redirect the expired domain entirely to a relevant sub-page/homepage of money site or use it as a 5-10 page feeder for other sites including money site.

Wondering what the smarter option would be. Any takes?

Well, without knowing the metrics (and I guarantee someone will say I don't need to see them to make this decision) I would opt for a 301. If the backlinks are really as authoritative as you say, then I'd want to inject that juice straight into my site/page and not have it diluted.

But, why not find two of those domains with similar metrics/backlinks and 301 one of them to your page and use the other as a one of your feeders to another, similar page and let us know what the results end up being?

Show+media+testing+gif+scale+_b80bed60f02f868bad1904925610b309.gif

I'd probably still place my money on the 301, though. Depending on what else you do to it.

I never believed in 301. Yes it works, but i'm convinced that it works because of some algo hole. When G fixes this hole, sanctions may follow. Anyway,
1. A site, even simplest one, is your asset.
2. I'd never 301 anything to my money site. Only to Tier 1.

I can see both your points as clear as day. This is the exact struggle I've been having over the past month or so.
It hard to accurately test either hypothesis because the variables/link profiles are never the same.

What did you end up doing? The 301 redirect or a feederpage? Have you seen some results?

If you have a good link profile you can expect to get away with it if you are careful but I don't think it is a sound system for doing at any real scale. I would consider pointing the redirects to pages that link to your site to give them a boost though.

First question that should be answered here is if you're going for the long term rankings or do you need a quick boost?

Quick boost? Just 301 the bastard. Quick link juice that will last some time and then depreciate.
Long term? PBN, build quality sites that are highly relevant to what you're ranking for. Grow them while growing your money site. Long lasting quality link juice

Between the two - if I was committed to finding other quality sites to keep adding - I would scrap some previous version of it off archive.org and throw it up there. If I was not committed to finding other more sites - then I probably just wouldn't buy it.

Can you give us more details please? If you have a site with lots of relevant and informative content, proper meta data, and images with alt image tags combine that with a few very powerful relevant backlinks and the traffic will come (unless your in some crazy difficult niche). If you are scared you can 301 to a subdomain that is not linked from the homepage and you will not receive a penalty.

301 would be great for a related domain that has tons of links, not specifically for seo, but you will get a boost in traffic that your already marketing too

Back