Assets 3 Year Old Amazon Associates Website for Sale

mikey3times

BuSo Pro
Degree
As the title says, I'm looking to sell a 3 year old Amazon Associates website in the home electronics industry. You can read more about this site in my thread...it is Site #2.

Over the last 12 months, the site has averaged $629/mo in revenue. Both April and May have been above $800/mo. If things stay the same, you'll have a nice holiday season.

Pageviews have grown from around 3,000 to 14,000 over the last year. I can't explain that blip in February 2019 except for the Google shenanigans, but things seem to have recovered well.

The website is hosted on Wordpress. All articles are in Gutenberg. I made a custom child-theme based on BuSo Lightning. I just ran a Pingdom speed test on one of the image-heavy review articles and it came back with a 75 so you can definitely make some improvements.

The affiliate links are inserted using the free ThirstyAffiliates plugin so they should be fairly easy to change to your affiliate code. You will have to use your own Tracking IDs...my Amazon account will not be transferred.

There are 30 articles published on the site, most of which are reviews Three "informational" articles were written by an Upwork writer. The rest of the articles were written by WordAgents or me. I haven't added any content since March so it needs some love.

There is a branded Twitter account that goes with the website, but it only has 22 tweets and 10 followers. I also have a Reddit account in the name of the site, but I wasn't very active there either. I made a few posts on a LinkedIn Company page. I never set up a mailing list.

No PBNs have been used. I did a bit of link building in the form of outreach to some smaller manufacturers and got one link on their "as seen on" page. I didn't have any luck with the big companies.

So Why Are You Selling?

Ah, good question. As the thread linked above says, I made the site on a whim when I was having trouble with a specific problem. That article took off and I got excited about the site. I worked on it here and there for a few months, but it has become clear to me that it isn't what I want to spend my time on. I can either let it run its course and die a slow death while soaking up the revenue or I can sell it to someone who has the time and team to turn it into a real competitor. I personally don't have the chops or desire to compete in the ultra competitive home electronics realm so I think it is time to let the site go.

I haven't decided if I am going to put the sale proceeds into savings or if I am going to reinvest the money into my other website, but you don't care about that, do you?

Next Steps?

I'm not going to post the site publicly to protect myself and the buyer. If you are interested, please PM me with some information about you and your company so I know who I am dealing with and I will respond with more information about the site and me. Bonus points if you have a good reference from someone on BuSo.

We will run the sale through Escrow.com. I'm happy to get on a Skype call to share my screen and show Amazon earnings and Google Analytics. I can also offer temporary read access to the analytics.

OK, folks. If you are a serious buyer, please send a PM and let's figure out a deal.

Last edited:

mikey3times

BuSo Pro
Degree
I'm open to negotiating the price, but I'm starting at 22x monthly revenue (trailing 12 month average).

andreint

BuSo Pro
Degree
Own and operate AlphaInvestors.com. Hit me up with details. Interested.