2nd Tier Online Advertising

Degree
I'm looking for recommendations for 2nd tier advertising options. Years ago there was 7search, Lycos, Looksmart, FinditQuick and Ask. Are any of these still relevant? Did these ever really work?

I'm also looking at Criteo and Adroll for retargeting. I'm looking to drive traffic to an ecommerce site but any experiences or recommendations are appreciated.

I'd stick to the big networks like Facebook/Instagram, Adwords, Amazon, Bing, etc. There is more quality traffic and eyeballs on those platforms than you'll ever need.

Those options are 2nd tier for a reason and it's mainly garbage (7search recently shutdown).

If you are looking for alternatives to the big networks you can always try Pinterest, Twitter, BuySellAds, InfoLinks.com, LinkedIn, Reddit Ads, etc.

Curious why you are seeking out 2nd tier options?

I want to make sure I'm not leaving any opportunity on the table as I build out my paid strategy.

Having worked for a 2nd tier search engine years ago in as a web designer I had always been curious if that was something that should be included in my PPC strategy. I know click fraud was always a major concern from these platforms. I once had an account manager just "turn on" traffic to one of my personal sites for only a few minutes and told me to look at my adsense account. Just like that he had sent me ad clicking traffic. Figured it was likely bot traffic. Which to your point is garbage. However they still have some major companies on board buying this cheap traffic.

I'll likely stick to using the big guys. Just wanted to hear if anybody actually had any real, converting traffic from any of these networks. Thanks for the recommendations, BuySellAds and Reddit Ads had not been on my radar.

Back