160 pages? Summary of the Google guidelines

I found 2014's on amazon aws some months ago and never bothered to read all those ~160 pages.

I bet that guy is a big fan of moz.

It also looks like it was written for tourists of the internet.

"2. Produce great, engaging, and unique content!
Google has spoken – Content is King!"

We're stroking spiders again.

"To be more precise, the document states that content which is “created with a high degree of time and effort, and in particular, expertise, talent, and skill” is required to be considered very high quality.

Conversely, Article 7.4 (page 43) outlines what would be flagged as the lowest quality content. Unsurprisingly, this covers pretty much everything that is counter to the above – specifically, content that is not helpful, overly stuffed with keywords, gibberish or meaningless, auto-generated, or simply copied from elsewhere."

Buzzfeed comes to mind. Yeah yeah, we all know buzzfeed is entertaining and that many people search for crap and buzzfeed satisfies thirst for stupid shit.

"Finally, Article 6.5.4 (page 37) covers the importance of keeping your content relevant, updated, and maintained. It stands to reason that out-dated and no longer relevant content is likely to provide a bad user experience."

Plenty of linux articles are outdated, but who cares.

"Key point: become a trusted authority in your vertical – get strong external reviews or citations, and outline your expertise and credentials."

Yes buzzfeed, Justin Bieber's penis is important.

Otherwise, it's all about user intent and get them clicking and buying.

Links links all day long vs google worshipping. Fuck'em.

To be honest, I did read the last one... And those are the take aways - create great, user centered content.

One thing to keep in mind, these are guidelines for manual review.

::emp::

Fantastic user generated content? I've gathered plenty of free traffic simply by organizing information better than my competitors. :wink:

Back