• 10 sites making $5000 each

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • 50 sites making $1000 each

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Degree
Hi,
Just thinking here out loud would like to hear your opinions
If I want to have a million dollar business with Amazon niche sites (maybe to big dream? :smile:) I need to have 50,000 USD income every month (20x flip)
Do you think it's better to aim for 50 sites that each earns 1000 dollar or 10 sites that each makes 5000 dollars?

If we are talking SERPs here. If your one example site is conquering the SERPs, you are better to make another to take on more space away from competitors. Otherwise you are better to make a really great site than 50 shitty ones.

sEULHciNa7tUQ.gif

If you could go back to 2009 operating 50 sites would be the better choice.
But right now it's far more sustainable to focus on 1 site and make it yuuugge. Not only will you have a hard time creating and managing 50 sites but also getting quality Backlinks.
An operational nightmare.

The whole point is that you should be laser focused on one site and treat it like a skyscraper. You start with the basement and then work your way up, floor by floor.
Target easy keywords first and focus on a subniche with lesser competition. After that you can expand to different subniches and more competitve keywords.

What has a better chance of demolishing a building (aka your competitors)?
  • One 10,000 pound wrecking ball?
  • Fifty 200 pound wrecking balls that don't work together in unison?
One of those will blow right through each building and cause so much destruction that there's no coming back from it. The other will be like shooting BB's at T-Rex.

Once a site grows to a sufficient level of authority, that authority will apply to any and every page, sitewide. This acts as a huge boost in ranking content, especially if you understand the concept of internal linking.

Also, if a site is earning $50,000 a month, it's most likely a result of heavy traffic. Heavy traffic means an opportunity at a lot of organic social shares and backlinks. Essentially, your site reaches critical mass, where your visitors do most of your marketing for you.

Easier Rankings + Easier Marketing = Easier $$$

Hence, why people will chose the one monster site over multiple smaller ones.

I've come to realize that these type of questions are becoming irrelevant to me.

A niche is such a general term but we use it as though it's one object when in fact it isn't. A niche is broad and vague. Every one here uses a view and an angle to approach the niche that may not subscribe to all viewers, but consciously or not we've accepted that as part of the play. That's kind of an essential ingredient to being polarizing anyway.

This may mean you have to give up on the opposing view or risk losing your loyal base, or not have an interesting voice to begin with.

Kind of like democrat and republican news sites. You can't have both povs on the same site, it screws up the message.

The right question I now propose is, how many sub-niches can I create within a site using be same overarching voice and theme until I am forced to create a new site because it's just too different?

Planning this out can take a very long time that may be easy to value the worth of planning over winging it. But what do I know. Right now I'm just a half drunk digimarketer thumb texting on BuSo.

Last edited:
I asked this same question once. I learned fast. You are out of your mind if you think you are going to do anything but drive yourself crazy with 50 sites. First off, it will take a year minimum to get any traction. By that time if your sites are thin they will have already been SERP smacked. Wasted effort. Hell, in my journal I gave up on running just two sites in favor of nurturing my audience and adding tons of content to one big authority site. If youre gonna do 50 sites with say 5 pages why not do one site with 250 pages and own your niche?! @CCarter @Ryuzaki and @eliquid will all suggest to you to stick with one site. So will I. Take the sniper approach, not the shotgun approach.

Would you rather run 1 prestigious penthouse complex, or 50 crack houses?

Hi,
Just thinking here out loud would like to hear your opinions
If I want to have a million dollar business with Amazon niche sites (maybe to big dream? :smile:) I need to have 50,000 USD income every month (20x flip)
Do you think it's better to aim for 50 sites that each earns 1000 dollar or 10 sites that each makes 5000 dollars?

Its faster to sell a cheap site than an expensive site, so if flipping is your goal I'd go for the middle route of 10 sites earning 5000. I mean if you wanted to build up a real ecommerce business or something is isn't just an affiliate site then I'd go for the 50K/mo 1 site strategy.

I think it would be better to ask yourself questions more along these lines.

How are your sites going to fit together into a cohesive project? What higher level strategies can you weave together so that your properties create advantages or efficiencies for each other? Can the infrastructure you created to build manage and promote one project be used on other projects? Are the advantages of a multi property strategy relevant to you. If not, how can you make them so? Is some sort of grand synergistic plan really viable given your resources? If its not, what would it take to make it so.

At the end of the day you're looking at what set of advantages and disadvantages works best for your situation.

If you don't already have ONE site making a minimum of $5,000/month...

Then how the fuck do you think you can do it with 10 or 50?

Either you've done it or you haven't.

I don't want to hear about "your plan". It doesn't mean shit!

If you had a site doing $5K/month, you'd realize how fast it goes from 5-10-15K+ and beyond when you keep pushing and pushing. It snowballs..

Most people give up at the $10/$100/$1000 mark. That is almost ALWAYS the case. They quit early.

If you have 10 sites, with 50 peice of content min in today's REAL world.. You're looking at $10,000 in content. If you have 50 sites, you're looking at $50,000. And that's just to start...

Even if you published 2 articles a week on those 10 sites. That's $1600/month. Across 50 and you're looking at $8,000 per month.

But wait... You're going to need someone to find photos, publish content, etc. Who's going to optimized the site. Who's going to manage the social profiles.. Links, servers, updates, etc?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If you EVEN have to ask this question, 1 site is ENOUGH for YOU! Period.

If you investigated first, you'd realize what you REALLY need. Advice from a forum on this subject is like someone putting a band aid on a grenade wound, with your arms blown off, your guts hanging out of your stomach, and your skull split in half... and saying, Don't worry, here's why I think this band aid is a good strategy mate.

Back