Wordpress Email Collection Popup/Slide In

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
I've been looking into an email collection plugin to use with wordpress. I want to try out popups, but slide ins and top/bottom bar floats are interesting too. I don't want to get super aggressive, just try something.

I know that Optinmonster is the best choice from a functionality and speed perspective. I hate the fact that it's $30 a month forever. I love that it implements with gravity forms, it would allow me to do some cool stuff, but it might not really be necessary.

I'm also considering Bloom from Elegant themes. I'd much rather pay the $250 lifetime plus I get their entire library - and specifically I could use their social media plugin. The feature set seems to be able to handle what I need and they do implement with Active Campaign which I use. My worry is their software looks bloated and might slow down my site.

Can anyone make a recommendation either way? If bloom is actually lightweight and won't impact site speed too much, Im leaning that way.

I can't comment on that specific or any plugin from Elegant Themes, but I can tell you with their themes that they have zero consideration for speed. Their game is to add as much bloat as possible so newbies can tweak every setting possible without any HTML / CSS / PHP / JS knowledge. If you go into Elegant Themes, I'd do it without any expectation of speed. You can probably optimize it to some degree, but that's a PITA Tax you may not want to pay.

I'm with @Ryuzaki on this one. Total PITA.

I think everyone goes through their "Elegant Themes" phase at some point, but it's like being a goth in highschool, you just quietly move on, do your best to forget about it, and hope nobody brings it up.

OK thanks guys. $30/mo for optinmonster isn't really that bad compared to the value it can drive. I just struggle to pay more than what I pay for my VPS in a single plugin.

Appreciate keeping me on the right track.

I've just done a quick install of optinmonster. Seems OK, not sure I like the hosted solution, but I'll give it a whirl.

Has anyone else used this? Any other alternatives that integrate with wordpress and possibly with gravity forms that they would recommend?

Back