What's the purpose of these auto-generated sites like this?

Degree
Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum, but I've been working through some backlink related work and keep finding sites like this:
Code:
https://www.kidadvocacy.com/cotgm24b/university-of-alabama-gymnastics-coaches
Clearly automatically created, mostly nonsense, but either on hacked sites or recreated sites on expired domains. They all have similar patterns to the directory structure, and some redirect to phishing sites using the same campaign/SID in the URL parameters.

What tools are likely responsible for this and why are they used? Are these just some lower tier pages to create a network of links? NegativeSEO site? Rank & redirect to phishing sites to steal personal info and sell it on the dark web?

Really, does anyone know why something like this exists? I've been looking at a bunch of these and haven't been able to fully connect the dots.

It's possible I stumbled across the answer to my question here...

@MrMedia Ones I've done or coached personally, it's 100% success rate. Responses from the email list of guys I know actually doing the work, 100% success rate.

I'm defining success as a clear turnaround on traffic decline, tens of thousands of regained traffic in either GSC or Ahrefs (when that's all I have access to) and massive ranking increases across the board.

Rando bloggers who got access to the videos and did it on their own, mixed bag. I suspect there's a baseline level of knowledge regarding link value that's necessary to produce results like I'm sharing.

I also think that the less quality links you have, the slower and lower the recovery will be. It's all math.

If you don't have the power to pull you back up to the top quickly after shedding the shite, you won't recover as quickly.

There's dozens of other asked and already answered questions in this thread but this one is worth revisiting.

It's massive foreign doorway indexing networks, covering 1000s of domains, hundreds of thousands of subdomains and populating new pages automagically every time the crawler hits the page.

They trap Googlebot in the network and everything they link to ranks really fast, for millions of keywords, for 24-96 hours. Then they do it again. Isn't AI wonderful?

Our sites are just the fodder for their system. Blowback if you will. Probably unintentional but I'm sure they're having a laugh about crushing the internet and all the 'experts' chasing their tails about why it's happening.

Semi-related, this is fucking criminal imo.

Back