What Noise Cancelling Headphones Do You Use?

Degree
I'm looking to buy my first pair of ANC headphones...

I live in an urban environment and I'm looking to block out car alarms in the distance, traffic sounds, dogs barking, and toddlers screaming.

I'm seeing a lot of references online to Sony XM5s, Bose 45s and 700s, and Apple Airpod Max.

Would love to hear about your experiences with these pairs or any other ANC headphones I should be considering. Basically, would you buy them again or get something new?

If anyone can share "work from home with toddler" feedback, that would be especially appreciated!

I've had the Bose.

The sound blocking is great, has saved me when neighbors are brrrrrrr brrrrrrrr'ing all day.

Just don't use them for sport if you sweat, because the glue dissolved for the pads.

Overall, I am moving away from sound cancelling. I've talked to people who understand brains and they say that it's better to train yourself to deal with noise instead of trying to shut it out.

A couple of months in Bangkok last winter made that very clear for me.

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't really been taking the Bose options too seriously, but I'll give them a closer look.

Also, I'm very much on board with the "train your mind" approach... but children screaming in the background has taken its toll and headphones are cheaper than getting an office.

I have a couple pairs of Sony 1000Xm3

I watched a comparison by the Verge that went pretty deep and the Sony's came out on top for noise cancelling. So, I'm seriously considering the Xm5s.

If you bought another pair of ANC headphones would you stick with Sony or would you consider a change?

Had the 1000XM3s for years, love em. Got my wife a pair of the XM4s and she loves hers too. Personally will upgrade to the whatever the current Sony model is when my XM3s finally bite the dust (which may be a while).

will upgrade to the whatever the current Sony model is when my XM3s finally bite the dust
Great to hear. Thanks for the feedback.
bought these for a wood working project but I also use them as headphones
That's amazing. Do you find you can only wear them for short periods of time? I would think they become very hot and uncomfortable if you were to wear them for a few hours at a time.

That's amazing. Do you find you can only wear them for short periods of time? I would think they become very hot and uncomfortable if you were to wear them for a few hours at a time.

I have wear them for 2.5 hours at a time and they were fine. Not sure about longer periods.

Back