URL & Branded Links

Degree
Hi Guys,

Outside of the usual starting points like building social profiles & submitting your site to relevant business directories, what are your go-to methods for building up a really solid layer of URL and branded links to your sites?

For example, I'm looking for the URL and variants of it along with the brand name to make up the bulk of the anchor text profile for a site (e.g 10 + referring domains for each) before firing authority links.

Not always the easiest task to do it without turning to spammy services!

I would start with the Social Profiles you should be snagging (before sniper bots claim your name and try to sell you the accounts).

There should be an almost endless supply of Forums you can use for profiles (check and see if they are no-index first). Regardless of the indexation of the profile, you should be making at least 5 posts on the form to not only help Google find your profile (sticky threads are great and new threads), but you might be able to drop your homepage into your signature too. Just see what other users are doing and go with the flow. Don't get banned and waste your time. Don't sign up with a branded username either.

Blog Comments are easy to get branded or regular name anchors by the millions.

Take your logo to Logo Galleries. Take your design to Design Galleries. Take your infographic to Infographic Galleries. Get a jingle made on Fiverr for Music Upload Sites. Make a video of the jingle for Video Upload Sites.

That's just a taste of what's out there that should be the start of any site's link-building.

We discuss this and more at length in Day 11 - Off-Page SEO in the Digital Strategy Crash Course.

With a serious long term project I always buy links to get me started. Powerful authority links from credible sites, maybe 10 of them and I'd be up for spending 1k to get them as once that foundation is there you'll see ranking on a lot of long tail just from posting content

Back