The 9 - Live Traffic Leak Case Study (START HERE)

Discussion in 'Traffic Leaks Boot Camp' started by CCarter, Dec 4, 2014.

1. NickEubanks

•  
    NickEubanks Build & Sell

Degree:
    Excellent - thank you very much. I'm trying to explain this to a new team member and also curious to see others out there beyond what we've done. Also worth noting my most successful ever never broke the 1k upvote mark.. so I personally still have a SHITTON to learn. Thanks man.

built likes this.
  2. CCarter

•  
    •  
    •  
    CCarter Weakness cannot persist in a power-evolving world Staff Member

•  
    •  
    Degree:
    I would not allow a new team member to do this technique with Reddit or any big platform until they have successfully done it on smaller platforms and understand the finesse of doing it correctly, cause the backlash can be detrimental if done incorrectly with an in-experienced individual. You have to know how to control audiences and both sides of the conversation just in case. Successfully steering a mob is very delicate work.

3. Ryuzaki

•  
    •  
    Ryuzaki 女性以上のお金 Staff Member

Degree:
    [​IMG]
    Here's a sampling from my current main site. To balance what @built was showing, I never go for self text posts.

I'm always link submissions. My philosophy is that, the post better be damn good because Redditors are not only tech savvy but can see through bullshit in a heart beat and will all jump on the pitch fork wagon. Most of them can't think for themselves. It truly is a hive mind, which is why it's important to get early upvotes. Nothing influences other readers more than how they see other people judging the content. On top of that, you have to outpace the other marketers online at the same time slinging downvotes at other marketers so theirs rises above.

I spend as much time crafting the title of the post as I do writing them. It's all about the title if you want traffic. Say too much and they don't need to click. Say less and make it as enticing as possible without using any clickbait tropes. Also, you need to be stabbing your knife right into one of the:

Life Force 8:
    1) Survival, enjoyment of life, life extension.
    2) Enjoyment of food and beverages.
    3) Freedom from fear, pain, and danger.
    4) Sexual companionship.
    5) Comfortable living conditions.
    6) To be superior, winning, keeping up with the Jones.
    7) Care and protection of loved ones.
    8) Social approval.
    #8 there is so easy to exploit that it's absurd. As I said elsewhere on BuSo, Millenials care more about pretending to be virtuous than being virtuous. They only need to signal it and all of the others will give their approval. This is Tumblr's life blood, for instance. Give them something that lets them show everyone else how virtuous they are with an upvote and a comment, combined with a fantastic title, and your job is done.

What you see in the image, if it's orange I submitted it. If it has a lower score it was to a smaller sub-reddit. I don't mess with those now, because as you can also see from the gray numbers, my content in good enough that when I do big leaks, people share other posts on the smaller subs for me.

There's no tricks really. Know the rules, know the culture, then be the best submission out there every time.

algospider, backwoods and Klayne like this.
  4. NickEubanks

•  
    NickEubanks Build & Sell

Degree:
    OH I completely agree.. it's just a very abstract concept for a new recruit and I've found (at least when teaching how to identify poaching opportunities from organic SERPs) it's best to show examples in the wild to help transfer the practical understanding.

This is really helpful perspective - thanks