Should I Target a Higher Keyword Difficulty?

Degree
Hi, I have a niche website, I'm currently targeting less than 20 keyword difficulty, and I have around 100 visits/day

Do I need to target more difficulty keywords? also, how much traffic I need to be able to compete in medium, high difficulty keywords

Thank you

I'm assuming you're asking about targeting higher keyword difficulty keywords because you're really interested in earning more traffic. And in your mind higher keyword difficulty equals higher traffic.

This is usually the case, in most instances. But one of the reasons we do keyword research is to find higher volume keywords (that bring the traffic that will convert for us) with lower difficulty.

There's little point in going after extremely difficult keywords when your site isn't powerful enough to win in the SERPs. But stretching out into a bit higher difficulty may be fruitful for you. You may underestimate you site. Also, if you're willing to do marketing, link-building, and other actions that strengthen your website and individual articles, you can play in the bigger leagues.

If you're just posting and praying it works out, it's not likely. However, you can do a lot with the content itself to help it rank better. "Information gain" has been a big deal for many years now, but even more so right now, meaning you can't just rewrite what everyone else said. You need to bring new information to the table. Format it nice and do great on-page SEO and that'll give you a big edge over others.

Back