Newbie...restarting the Digital Strategy Crash Course

Degree
Hey there, newbie here. Well newbie to BS, been building websites since 1999. My wife and I run a set of fitness and supplement businesses and have been doing pretty well since 2002. Recent changes to SEO and competitive strategies, it's become evident that complacency could really affect our bottom line.
Is the DSCC the right place to start over if you will? I've gotten into SEMRUSH and other tools and feel completely overwhelmed.
We're getting good traffic still, but there are newcomers to the arena that are clearly using "alternative methods" to eek us out of some search results.
Since the DSCC was created in '15, is the info there relevent? Is it updated?
Thanks in advance. Hopefully I'll get out of the New Member jail here soon... :wink:

Welcome, the DSCC is old, but mostly evergreen, definitely worth reading, just you probably can't apply methods one to one, but have to adapt to new tech etc.

A lot of things regarding SEO are in the fluxx now, people scrambling and no clear answers as how to proceed.

If you ask me and my 10+ years of SEO experience, I'd go for authenticity and user engagement, don't go for the same things as other people do. Don't outsource the content, don't buy cheap links.

Instead do use Ahrefs or Semrush to find good keywords, that's half the game, but then make sure that every piece of content you make has you and your wife front and center. Write theory and facts yes, but always include your own experience and personality. This is the way.

Create a facebook group, call it something non-brand related, and give away tons of good advice. Go hard on social media. Turn your SEO posts into videos and instagram reels. Or do the reverse, have your videos turned into articles. There are now AI tools that can do cheap audio transcription.

That's my last suggestion, you have to get into AI, not to have it write content for you, but to scale, hard and fast. And that's where the content repurposing comes in. AI can help you push your content fast across multiple social media, multiple content types, etc.

The game then, according to me, is to spend a lot of time and quality on each piece of content, and then to make it worth the time, by pushing it across more channels than you would do previously before AI.

@bernard dropping the best-articulated SEO advice I've read in a very long time.

One follow-up question: Why make the Facebook group "non-brand related"?

@bernard dropping the best-articulated SEO advice I've read in a very long time.

One follow-up question: Why make the Facebook group "non-brand related"?

Easier to get members I would think. When it's something like "Let's get fit for summer" or "Biohackers in Kent" then it's easier to get a curiosity click than "Supplements Shop Group"

Afaik, DSCC is a concept, so it will always be evergreen.

I started my blog, but later on, get into this community. I read through DSCC and I was blown away by the first course.

Like this concept from the first DSCC, it cut deep into me:

You know what's more boring than anything I've ever done in my entire life? Sitting at the computer 18 hours per day building websites about crap I don't care about that earns me good money. You know what's fricking awesome? Sitting at the computer 18 hours per day earning good money while building websites about crap I don't care about.

Back