Need Help With Website Valuation

Ok, the full story does help - waste of time to try to provide info on the previous version.

They are never going to pay you any money, understand that right now. I've never met a small business owner who just buys the business an ex-worker goes to start in the same niche. Even if it made sense they'd rather spend more to make your life more painful.

They reached out to you to confirm who started this new website, assuming your name is not on the site. Now they are just fishing for information to see how far along you are and to see how many self-incriminating things you can say before they take legal action.

Ok, the full story does help - waste of time to try to provide info on the previous version.

They are never going to pay you any money, understand that right now. I've never met a small business owner who just buys the business an ex-worker goes to start in the same niche. Even if it made sense they'd rather spend more to make your life more painful.

They reached out to you to confirm who started this new website, assuming your name is not on the site. Now they are just fishing for information to see how far along you are and to see how many self-incriminating things you can say before they take legal action.
I get this narrative. Finnegan betrayed the client's trust, made a competing site, and now they're using the pretext of buying the site to find info to harass him legally.

I agree that they will never give a cent but, at the same time, wilL Finnegan back down? I doubt it. I also doubt if any legal arguments are legally valid.

Again, I'd recommend legal insurance. If their attornies bill them at $250/hour and your attorney is free w/ subscription, who's in pain more? They might be angry, but are they stupid enough to lose money on this?

Also, I just gotta say this is a classic Silicon Valley playbook. Bumble was made by the lady from Hinge. Zuck stole Facebook from those twins. So many other companies were started this way. @finnegan, you have no exit here. Stick to it and weather this storm until it passes. It's an issue with them and not you. And, oh yeah, get legal insurance. The shitty thing is that you chose such a small, niche business to copy. You should have went after a more worthwhile market.

@finnegan also if they're doing all this harassment because you started a site, it means they're afraid. They know you're probably 1 or 2 steps away from overtaking them, hence their fear. If you were a joke, they wouldn't be acting like this. You might be on to something here.

Back