How do you add quizzes to your site?

Nat

Degree
Looking for suggestions on how you make/build quizzes for your sites that don't use a database and aren't tied to a CMS.

Well without a database it would seem that you options are more limited. There are some quiz SASS type things out there, google: quiz widget or similar. Outside of that you will have to code it yourself, you don't need a database you could just hold all the data in a text file that you local script can access.

Reactions: Nat
Code it up with some javascript & html
I don't know much javascript so I had been googling... was hoping I would get lucky and find a nice template/framework, but it looks like there are just a bunch of services. Found a handful of codepens I might be able to modify. Gets a bit more tricky when you're not computing 'right' and 'wrong.'
Well without a database it would seem that you options are more limited. There are some quiz SASS type things out there, google: quiz widget or similar. Outside of that you will have to code it yourself, you don't need a database you could just hold all the data in a text file that you local script can access.
Thanks for the tips :smile:. Still trying to find something I can tweak and modify vs doing it from scratch.

So far, this looks promising: https://github.com/jbierfeldt/bf-quiz

It depends, if you are wanting just a multiple questions quiz with a designated output, i would just build a few HTML divs with dropdown elements, then a next. Each next hides the answered one and loads a new one.

On each next click it takes the selection and adds it to an array. At the end you loop through the array and serve your response based on values inserted.

If you want buzzfeed style and are on wordpress just use quiz cat plugin.

It depends, if you are wanting just a multiple questions quiz with a designated output, i would just build a few HTML divs with dropdown elements, then a next. Each next hides the answered one and loads a new one.

On each next click it takes the selection and adds it to an array. At the end you loop through the array and serve your response based on values inserted.

If you want buzzfeed style and are on wordpress just use quiz cat plugin.
That makes sense, I appreciate it :smile:. As far as quiz cat -- this site isn't on Wordpress. Pros and cons of a flat file.

Interesting... not exactly what I was going for, but really interesting. Do/have you used them?

I've had massive success with HTML + JS quizzes.

One was 15 questions, rated between 1 and 5 for the symptoms, and then press the button to calculate the score, which then revealed a diagnosis, prognosis, and suggestions for recovery. Did VERY well once it ranked. It guaranteed the #1 spot forever, essentially. Long dwell time, 100's of comments, new ones daily, etc. Made decent cash on the ads too, simply by traffic volume.

You can find code for this type of thing readily available. Straight copy and paste style.
726 x 238

Reactions: Nat
I was using them, but prefer www.carambo.la now. They offer a similar product but you can't customize the quiz/trivia.

I would avoid SaaS widgets especially for content. What happens when you stop using them? You'd still be paying the bills. What happens when you drop them?

Plus, you're paying them and giving them link juice.

That said, quizzes are a big game for me.

@Nat I use WP Viral Quiz from codecanyon and I'm happy with the results so far. Easy to use for someone like me who's hopeless with code lol

Back