Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
cIFdb4w.gif

Nobody can do your business for you. As a matter of fact nobody will. What they will do is see you being soft and then find a hole in your defenses so they can cut your head off. That's if you're even on the battlefield...

Hopefully you were fighting the good fight in August. <--(Revisit and update your progress!)

Goals for September 2016

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting real excited for the holiday season. Some stores I've seen have flat out already skipped Halloween and Thanksgiving and went straight for Christmas. I'm gearing up and switching my focus 100% on being positioned to slay it in November / December... I hope you're getting ready. It'll be too late other wise!

What do you have planned to ensure you feast like a king before the new year?

My goals:
1. Move to Toronto from Europe
2. Hit $40k/mo for Project 1 (day job)
3. Start Project 2 (own content site) KW research done, domain purchased, plan outlined.
Enjoy life more and actually take some time off (potentially the most difficult goal)​

But first, a retrospective:
Goals for August 2016
Main Project - SAAS Startup

1. Get two press releases done and released. Nope - engineering dropped the ball on the features I was going to discuss. It's an excuse, but that's what it is.
2. Work on html page to send out in advertising I'm doing with a large industry blog in my space. Done and done!
3. Get some analytics set up to see how organic users convert and their path Done and done!
4. Re-read SEO and Adwords books Skimmed through them, definitely re-learning a lot.

Side Project II
1. Get a solid supplier set up for niche so I can calculate profit margins and expenses.
2. Once #1 is finished, start getting designs ready to test product sales on barnacle sites.
Long story short, I ended up getting scammed out of some money when trying to order some product. However, this ended up

Main Project - SAAS Startup
1. Get two super-competitive keywords to results #'s 6. It'll be tough but I think I can break through.
2. Build out budget for Q4

Side Project II
1. Build up a landing page
2. Start doing some arbitrage with other products in this niche to build up some cash.
2. Same thing as last time - Get a solid supplier set up for niche so I can calculate profit margins and expenses.

Goals?!:
  • Learn a little about SEO/IM
  • Start My Niche Site Idea
    • Buy Domain Name
    • Find Hosting/Install Wordpress/Theme
    • Write 5 posts a week for 20 posts (2/20 completed)
    • Launch Site
  • Keep to Starting Strength Schedule
  • Keep to Nutritional Goals

I forgot to even drop my goals in here! I'm only focusing on my main project this month.
  • Finish the last 2 review posts of the first batch of 12. (Just finished!)
  • Buy some clean links. Will carry tiny risk but worth it at this site's level of trust. (Done!)
  • Get an outreach team working on these (Started!)
  • Do manual link-building myself to these too. Smashing them all month.
  • Write blog posts to support these review posts with relevancy and to maintain the content drip.
That's it. If I do this all month, tons of links should start kicking in by the end, and then the outreach ones will come in after like a continued power drip. Should boost revenue big time. Then the mass scaling begins.

My goals:
1. Move to Toronto from Europe Pro tip: Never fly Airtransat
Hit $40k/mo for Project 1 (day job)
3. Start Project 2 (own content site) KW research done, domain purchased, plan outlined.
Enjoy life more and actually take some time off (potentially the most difficult goal) Cancelled
Introduce more organization into my work - NEW GOAL
Can honestly say I've not had a single day in the past 30 days which has been less than 14 hours work Mon-Fri and less than 10 hours work Sat-Sun (except for day I moved continent). Not a brag, hustling really isn't sexy - it's tiring and it really sucks.

I've never been a very organized person and I have a great memory that I've always over-relied on. At this point I physically can't continue like this so I'm having to take some pointers from some of the others vets out there and see how I can best systematize things to reduce mindshare. It's not a fun experience and the upfront time cost of setting up all the organization is a hard thing to swallow but it has to be done.

My goals:

1. Finish off Side-Project #1.
2. Finish off Side-Project #2.
3. Finish a consulting project. DONE.

It's down to the two beasts now...

My goals:
1. Move to Toronto from Europe Pro tip: Never fly Airtransat
Hit $40k/mo for Project 1 (day job)
Enjoy life more and actually take some time off (potentially the most difficult goal) Cancelled
5. Introduce more organization into my work - NEW GOAL

Great month. Lots got done including a bunch of misc stuff which wasn't on this high-level list, but that had to be done in order to allow me to move ahead with other projects. Onto October and to another successful month.

• Finish the last 2 review posts of the first batch of 12.
  • Buy some clean links. Will carry tiny risk but worth it at this site's level of trust.
  • Get an outreach team working on these.
  • Do manual link-building myself to these too. Smashing them all month.
  • Write blog posts to support these review posts with relevancy and to maintain the content drip.
Not too bad. I didn't get into the manual building because I'm prepping for something bigger. It won't have the near-immediate return the link building would have had but it'll bring a much larger impact in the big picture.

I'm happy with this past month.
738 x 281

My goals:

1. Finish off Side-Project #1.
2. Finish off Side-Project #2.​

Made a lot more progress on both sides of the house on these projects. Unfortunately Wordpress has royally screwed me over. I've got to move the sites from Wordpress cause the latest update broke the whole theme, and it's just a ton of nonsense. But at least all the content is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back