Earn $50,000 if you can rank for "SEO Hero" in 4 months.

Potatoe

BuSo Pro
Degree
Wix is upset that people were talking trash about how well sites on their platform can rank, so they're offering up $50,000 to whoever ranks first place for the keyword "SEO Hero" four months from now.

http://www.wix.com/wix-lp/seo-heroes

"We’re going to create a new Wix website optimized with the search term “SEO Hero”. You’re invited to create your own website (feel free to use any platform). If your site ranks the highest for that search term in 4 months’ time, we’ll give you $50,000. Yes, it’s that simple."

"Eran Hurvitz, CEO of MRKT360 INC, will be checking to ensure that no one uses unethical SEO techniques (come on, you know that’s not cool). All participants must comply with the rules of the competition to be considered eligible."

"Follow Google’s guidelines for SEO (here’s the link). This is part of the challenge rules and you will need to follow these to keep your site in the running."

Err... So if you can outrank their DA 93 domain that's propped up by years and years of just unthinkable amounts of spam, by following Google's Guidelines to a T, on a brand new domain, in 4 months... They'll give you 50k. If you can't do that, apparently it proves that their SEO is good? Somehow?

I'm not sure what them winning a 4 month long SEO contest against brand new domains when they've had a 21 year head start and are pals with the judge and can disqualify you on a whim really proves but, if that's what they need to do to stack the deck, fair enough I guess?

(I'm assuming when they say they'll be using "A new wix website" they mean something like seohero.wix.com and not a brand new domain. Also, is the judge going to ensure that Wix follows every Google Guideline as well? What happens if it turns out that their new site used spam?)

Last edited:
Whoever gets a top 10 by 301 a snuggie dog bed domain to their Wix property wins in my book.

Edit: After visiting that landing page... holy Christ... new contest, rank /r/smalldickproblems/ for "SEO Hero"

Last edited:
Reactions: Bee
"Eran Hurvitz, CEO of MRKT360 INC, will be checking to ensure that no one uses unethical SEO techniques (come on, you know that’s not cool). All participants must comply with the rules of the competition to be considered eligible."

So cute. And how will they determine what's "unethical"?

Participated. Winning SEO Hero contest while trashing their SEO would be a great combo ... and all that achieved by the purest and whitest hat SEO ... :wink:

I'd rather spend 4 months on something that will make me $50k a month rather than $50k one time.

Also, the "winner" will be giving Wix a clear blueprint as to how they were outranked. If you think they're not going to use that knowledge as a way to keep competition away.... ya nuts!

Having to create a new website in November AND you have to follow Google guidelines to rank in 4 months. Lol. Fyi, their website is already ranking on the first page for that term.

You won't win the contest by doing this, but by registering another parasite and then pitching the seo community for links, you get to have some fun and make a name for yourself. Have fun "gurus"!

With pitching at SEO communities for links is not such a good thing. What if people start spamming to my website? They will definitely disqualify me for unnatural links and stuff ... altough one could argue that it went viral ... ;D

OK, site is up and running, 700+ words written targeting SEO Hero keyword. According to Yoast SEO - readability - good, SEO - good. Twitter account created. I am done for today, I'll see where in top 100 it ranks on Monday. I am off hustlin' now.

P.S. I am not taking this seriously. $50K is not gonna change my life. This is something fun and challenging. I love challenges.

So cute. And how will they determine what's "unethical"?

Exactly what I was thinking. Beating them by default is going to be "unethical".

"Eran Hurvitz, CEO of MRKT360 INC

Where the fuck did they find that guy?

https://majestic.com/reports/site-explorer?folder=&q=mrkt360.com&IndexDataSource=F

69 Reffering Domains, most of which are directory links. LOL. The site has a trust flow of 4. FOUR! Anyone could replicate that in 30 days or less.

Meanwhile... REAL SEO companies like Seer Interactive:

https://majestic.com/reports/site-explorer?folder=&q=seerinteractive.com&IndexDataSource=F

3,908 Reffering Domains.

The content is a PR grab.

The whole plan was to get it shared and talked about.

But their plan is flawed. :wink:

Sure, you can't out rank them unless you buy AOL, Twitter, CNN and then 301 all that juice. Or do real SEO which would disqualify you... However...

You CAN buy a G news approved site or if you already own one. Publish NON-Stop "Seohero" news articles and rank 1 spot above them in the news section. Mission accomplished, collect the $50K. EASY. (Though, I'm sure they'll find some way to say that isn't fair. )

Last edited:
G News approved? Domain must be bought on or after 16th of November, 2016. They would disqualify the site.

Seems like they're trying to make this so vague that they'll never have to pay the $50,000. But if they do have to, I don't think they'll mind because the entire point of this is to rustle jimmies for links. They'll get $50,000 worth of links and publicity out of it before it's over.

The problem is they think their "wiggle room" in the rules is going to negate the negative press they'll get out of it. Then again, they know that the common SEO opinion of them doesn't matter. What matters is more visibility for the random business with no online presence or knowledge, the one's that won't catch wind of the bad press, but will find them in the correct search term rankings.

It's a slick move to some degree but a little risky too. Balls on the chopping block... I like it.

G News approved? Domain must be bought on or after 16th of November, 2016. They would disqualify the site.

"1. The domain you submit must be purchased on or after November 16, 2016."

It doesn't cover if that includes new/fresh domains or established/age domains.

You could purchase the domain CNN.com after Nov 16, 2016.

They are opening themselves up for a LOT of legal claims here for being so vague, lol...

They also mentioned no expired domains:

The Domain name must be new and may not be obtained by way of resale or transfer of an already registered domain name. Participants may not use expired or mature domain names or alike. Participants are encouraged to keep evidence of their registration process to demonstrate, if so requested by the Moderator, compliance with this Section 4.1.2.

MRKT360 reminds me of Prestige Worldwide.

hqdefault.jpg

cce2f4de6b1085621d5a2beb90117d9d04114f15fe0253f54ecbe755b7914f0b.jpg

How do they accurately determine who is "#1 in Google" when results can be different based on geographic location as well as which Google Data center the search is resolved on?

Good question. As a side note, I see them in the 3 hole now.

How do they accurately determine who is "#1 in Google" when results can be different based on geographic location as well as which Google Data center the search is resolved on?

I like this... :smile:

Start a local business called "SEO Hero", pump it up with citations. Rank #1 for your specific geo city. in the local pack... Technically you are ranking #1.

They stated that website must be about "your SEO hero/s..." LOL or something like that, so local service might not cut it. If someone will get this $50k, it's going to be due to very professional BH stuff they haven't even dreamt about, or due to kind of strategies described in "Trust me, I'm lying", imho.

Seems like they're trying to make this so vague that they'll never have to pay the $50,000. But if they do have to, I don't think they'll mind because the entire point of this is to rustle jimmies for links. They'll get $50,000 worth of links and publicity out of it before it's over.

The problem is they think their "wiggle room" in the rules is going to negate the negative press they'll get out of it. Then again, they know that the common SEO opinion of them doesn't matter. What matters is more visibility for the random business with no online presence or knowledge, the one's that won't catch wind of the bad press, but will find them in the correct search term rankings.

It's a slick move to some degree but a little risky too. Balls on the chopping block... I like it.

The best part is when they don't pay the $50,000 and get a bunch of negative articles written about them, long term that's just more domain authority for them as well.

^ I lol'd. Good catch. That's a manual job, too. Except its a no-follow link on a page that doesn't get crawled by Google. Fun times.

Back