Does anyone know of a free or paid tool that will detect Javascript issues that are preventing a page from ranking?

Degree
Hey all. Long story short, I have a client that had a custom-coded website built, and it is built with JS. For the last couple of months, I have been going back and forth with the developer trying to iron out any issues that may be preventing the page from ranking well.

Does anyone know of a free or paid online tool that will scan a page and list JS issues that may be causing crawling or rendering issues? I think there are still problems that need to be resolved, but I do not know enough about JS to find them and explain why they need to be solved.

Not sure if such a tool exists, but thought I'd ask...

I ran into this today: https://jetoctopus.com/js-seo/

I know nothing about it and spent about zero time looking at it, but it does have a 7-day free trial. I just happened upon it in a blog post earlier.

Google Search Console should give you some errors if it's having trouble crawling the site. Otherwise looking for errors in the browser console is a good place to check. Then look at the source code to see if it's being server-rendered or SPA (javascript-only).

Cmd/Ctrl + Opt + U to view the actual source sent from the server.

Back