Do you use a daily planner?

Degree
I've tried using planners in the past with no luck. They just become super boring after several weeks, so I just tend to stick to small to-do lists and reminders using calendars. Recently, I was told to check out the 10X Planner by Cardone. I was hesitant to spend so much on a fucking planner that doesn't have playmates in between pages, but I went ahead and placed an order.

Anyway, what do you use to stay organized and get shit done?

I made my own version of http://gutentagmethod.com/ (ordered a custom stamp from ebay which is much cheaper):

w1TFkvU.jpg

that's a neat method... I assume the stamp is so you don't have to stick to one notebook, etc? Otherwise, you could basically just print these out.

I'm still on Trello for an overall picture of the grand scheme, and then I pluck pieces out to a text file that floats around my desktop. Physical sticky notes work as well.

That GutenTag Method is neat. I hesitate to mess with it because it feels like just another toy. It's taking my list with timestamps and turning it into a circle. Not sure if the change in presentation would matter for me, but I like it visually. It'd be great for a daily journal like they show in the video.

I do. I'm a ridiculously dumb collector of field notes. I obsess over these things. I have hundreds....

anyway, I do a modified version of the bullet journal. http://bulletjournal.com - for me the fundamental paradigm shift was when I started logging what i did, as opposed to what i had to do. it makes everything more actionable for me, and i feel this nagging sense of responsibility to mark some shit down that was worth doing every day. i can spot trends / burnout / optimizations in my flow too.

as always - I feel like I post random shit, but I'm totally down for a discussion via PM or whatever. I take productivity / work life balance seriously. For real.

^ going to try this out, always found it easier to focus when I write things down

I also use trello for the overall picture. I've started doing a weekly whiteboard and fighting to clear that sucker off has been helpful.

Seen enough about logging what you've done that it's time to give it a try..

No, I work every single day.

The only daily planner I need, is my list of goals.

If it's not on my list of goals, I know I shouldn't be wasting time on it, unless critical (meals, bathroom, etc)

I use Trello for writing down tasks that need to get done...and idonethis.com for logging in things I've accomplished for that day.

Trello is really all one needs for goal setting as you have Today, Tomorrow, This Week, etc as columns to sort out what you want to accomplish. The only thing it's missing is a giant calendar that offers a day to day breakdown of your goals. However, so far I haven't felt I needed that.

I do. I'm a ridiculously dumb collector of field notes. I obsess over these things. I have hundreds....

anyway, I do a modified version of the bullet journal. http://bulletjournal.com - for me the fundamental paradigm shift was when I started logging what i did, as opposed to what i had to do. it makes everything more actionable for me, and i feel this nagging sense of responsibility to mark some shit down that was worth doing every day. i can spot trends / burnout / optimizations in my flow too.

as always - I feel like I post random shit, but I'm totally down for a discussion via PM or whatever. I take productivity / work life balance seriously. For real.

I've been using the bullet journal system for the past month and it is really good. I recommend it if you haven't tried it.

The problem I found with online software or a planner is that you planning is limited to how the developer or planner designer planned their system. And, more of than not, it doesn't do what you want it to do.

With the bullet journal, you just get a blank journal and create your own planner. It's great.

I've been using the bullet journal system for the past month and it is really good. I recommend it if you haven't tried it.

The problem I found with online software or a planner is that you planning is limited to how the developer or planner designer planned their system. And, more of than not, it doesn't do what you want it to do.

With the bullet journal, you just get a blank journal and create your own planner. It's great.
My biggest issue with online planners is that they're online. I work on the computer/online nearly every hour of the day. I don't want yet another activity that has to be done in front of a screen. Same with ebooks vs physical books. I prefer physical books.

Back