Cloud Data Storage

Degree
Any experience with these? Which ones are you using? Recommendations?

Right now I have my external mirrored hard drive to keep all my work and access my work from different devices.

I don;t think its safe enough. So I am considering getting cloud data storage to sync my folders from the external HD too. In the future I may work directly on the cloud too. I'm likely to move to Thailand in the next few years. Any cloud services I should avoid if I want fast storage?

I'm pretty sure that JustCloud is the leader for cloud storage. JustCloud / MyPCBackup / ZipCloud are all the same company.

What I would do is set up a NAS... offsite or onsite - it doesn't matter. And, then, have a service like iDrive backup the NAS automatically.

How much storage are you looking at needing? If you're just wanting storage with some sort of redundancy I would suggest building a FreeNAS box. Just did this myself. You can buy a refurbished 16Tb server on eBay from one of those server repurposing companies for less than $500. FreeNAS is.. well.. free. Install that and you've got yourself plenty of storage with redundancy. If and when you go to move to Thailand in a few years you could just rent rackspace at a datacenter and put your server there and then access it as your own cloud server.

I have a NAS. It's mirrored so if a hard drive fails, I can rebuild data from the mirrored one.

Looking for cloud storage to back up from nas to cloud and also to use the cloud directly like a folder to work on files when nas is not available. I have a feeling nas won't be available in Thailand as I have no idea how internet connection will be made.

I'm pretty sure that JustCloud is the leader for cloud storage. JustCloud / MyPCBackup / ZipCloud are all the same company.

What I would do is set up a NAS... offsite or onsite - it doesn't matter. And, then, have a service like iDrive backup the NAS automatically.

Can I work directly on idrive files like the files on my computer if nas not available? Like how Dropbox works

Back