Blocking unwanted Spam from India

Degree
My clients are complaining. There has been a constant, relentless onslaught of spam phonecalls, emails, and comments to my clients from India. I was able to track it back to my domain name registrar (ResellerClub) but havent found a way to stop this from happenin (since clients sign up with their legit emails and phone numbers - they think this spam is coming from me and they KEEP FALLING FOR THAT SHIT). Anyone had trouble with this in the past? How did you correct this and do damage control? Akismet is enough on site, but the emails and phonecalls? Ish is getting outta hand. Thanks all in advance

They need to set up their spam filters on their own email accounts. Their SpamAssassin setting is likely disabled, not even set a 0. Default is 5.

The phonecalls... no clue. I had an affiliate company re-sell my data about a year ago and I had to block about 5 phone numbers per day on my cellphone before it finally slowed down. After a certain time you cover most of their number pool or they finally stop recalling.

If they aren't capable of protecting themselves well, the best thing to do is enable privacy on the domains. A lot of this comes from people scraping WhoIs information, versus scraping websites.

Back