Becoming a WikiHow author?

Degree
A competitor of mine is a WikiHow author and is therefore able to link to their own articles often from WikiHow. While these links are NF, it seems like a pretty great way to build trust for free. Does anyone know how to actually get accepted as a WikiHow author? Is it just impossible?

I have tons of experience in the topic, but because it's a hobby, I don't have certifications, etc. that easily prove my expert status to WikiHow.

Thanks for any insights you've got.

Is this a trolling question? Why not create an account on WikiHow to volunteer, like your competitor did?

Did you bother even going to the website?

Lol, not a trolling question at all. I think I used the wrong term. I'm specifically asking how you become an "expert" article reviewer and if it's within the realm of possibilities.

I filled out this form at one point, but I'm sure 1000s of other people do too.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSddD-RpHWtdScwdRJ3pjpsi_9dYwaQ9_MvbBfgzji9Og03JnQ/viewform

Perhaps you just contribute as an author and then hope that leads to expert reviewer opportunities?

I was trying to get clarity on how the process works there. Sorry if it came off like it was too obvious of a Q to be asked genuinely.

I have tons of experience in the topic, but because it's a hobby, I don't have certifications, etc. that easily prove my expert status to WikiHow.
My understanding is that someone in their position would want to see relevant certifications to help weed out people who just want to say they have a lot of experience but actually don't.

Either way, I imagine you'd need a solid history of participating on the platform in a way that others view as helpful before they would even consider you.

Last edited:
Back