'A La Carte' Pricing Plan Creation - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreint

BuSo Pro
Degree
Hey guys,

I'm currently running a service which has three main packages, but I'd like to add a 'custom' option where the user will be able to choose features a-la-carte style.

Let's say that the package #3 consists of:
4 AA's
35 BB's
23 CC's
100 DD's
etc.

The client should be able to choose how many AA's, BB's, CC's, DD's, etc. he'd like to order.

Each feature will have its own $ value (for 1 unit) and after the client chooses how many features he'd like to order, the script (?) should sum it up and generate (?) him a payment link.

I've never seen this before, and I'd like to know if it's possible to create something like this?

If it is, for how much & anyone here willing to do the job?

Cheers
A

I've been meaning to talk to you about this! Hit me up on Skype.

Your best bet is to go with a jQuery setup for this. I would use jQuery UI slider for this.

When someone hits custom, a pop-up or something comes along, and they can use the slider to choose the amounts for each option. As they are mixing and matching their will be a counter that's adding the total up by the unit price you determined.

Example: http://codepen.io/anon/pen/LGQNBL

Screen_Shot_2016_01_22_at_12_02_36_PM.png

Here is another example without jQuery UI: Example: http://codepen.io/anon/pen/yevOKB

Screen_Shot_2016_01_22_at_11_56_55_AM.png

That one is specifically for the over plan selection, which I don't recommend, but you can set it up so once they hit the end (Custom) version, the popup setup mentioned above cause execute and go from there.

This is 20-45 mins worth of work for a competent developer. The thing is integrating into your CURRENT setup is the unknown "X" amount. It could be a simple thing that adds another 1-2 hours of work or another 10 hours of development work cause of whatever you got going on.

I hope this gives you an idea of the route you can go with a developer.

Thanks a lot for your detailed response, I really appreciate it.

Anyone here @buso willing to do the work? Hit me up via PM (even if you have someone to recommend)
I'll wait for 24 more hours before posting this on UpWork

Cheers
A

Bump - anyone interested in working with me on this?

Do you have details of the type of CMS/ecommerce system it would be integrating with? For example a wordpress or zenCart integration would be a lot easier then a Magento. As much details as possible would help narrow down the focus and shore up potential interest. Adding the allocated budget you are willing to spend could additionally get more developers interested.

Good point. I totally forgot to mention that.

The site's on WP. I'm open to suggestions on whether to hook it up with WooCommerce, ZC, or some other ecomm platform.

Edit: I'm currently processing my orders through Zaxaa (Stripe/PayPal for payments). I'm not sure if we could hook the a-la-carte package through it, though. It'd be great if someone could make it happen.

I'm looking for something clean, simple and easy to use (clients/frontend).

Regarding the budget - I want a high-quality solution and I'm willing to pay accordingly :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back